Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Another Self hating American.....Yawn!!!

[ QUOTE ]
To hell with the UN....we need to take the fight to them. If anything Bush needs to take off the gloves.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely. I laugh at those who call him a wild and reckless cowboy. IMO he has been far too timid. He spent months wasting time begging the UN for support before finally saying "to hell with it" and invading Iraq. Last spring, when the marines were ready to take Fallujah, he had them withdraw. So now, months and many dead soldiers later, they're having to finish the job. (This was one of Kerry's few valid criticisms of Bush, not that I believe for a moment that Kerry would have done any better.) Bush is letting both Syria and Iran get away with supporting the Iraqi insurgency that is killing our soldiers. And so on.

I hope this election emboldens him to be more forceful, and to worry more about the lives of American soldiers than world opinion (or the opinion of the American left).
Old 11-04-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: America Sucks

As a 22 year old American male, I am not looking forward to another 4 more years of the Bush administration, because of the HIGH probability of a military draft that I see coming within the next couple of years, among the other potential disasters I see coming. Anyone who believes that such an event like a military draft isn't possible needs to remove the wool from their eyes immediately.

Republican spinners have today congratulated the Bush supporters, saying, "Way to not believe the misinformation and the lies of the Kerry campaign and vote with your heart instead." What a joke.

Unfortunately, the majority of the misinformation and lies came from the Karl Rove led Bush campaign, and Bush supporters have consistently refused to acknowledge this.

We have a president and VP who are NOT afraid to lie, NOT afraid to mislead America, and are too ignorant and possibly even brainwashed to realize and admit their own mistakes, even when confronted with the exact question in a live debate (see the final question for the president in debate #2). The reality is that the president refused to man up for any real mistake made in his administration.

Under President Bush, our economy has suffered, many
needless American and Iraqi lives have been lost, we've destroyed our international relations which were at an all time high for our country in the post 911 days, to having most of the world turned against us.

We had a record surplus after the Clinton administration, now we have a record deficit. Over a million jobs have been lost and we've spent 50 times more on this war than we did on the Gulf War, which was a highly successful campaign.

Our president has been given a number of 'record highs', and turned them into 'record lows'.

And what do we do to hold him accountable for his actions?

We elect him to a 2nd term.

Genius.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:59 AM

Default 100,000 civilians dead because of Bush.

Try washing that blood clean.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a 22 year old American male, I am not looking forward to another 4 more years of the Bush administration, because of the HIGH probability of a military draft that I see coming within the next couple of years, among the other potential disasters I see coming. Anyone who believes that such an event like a military draft isn't possible needs to remove the wool from their eyes immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are saying is that you are afraid to fight for your country. Well Bucko, if the majority of healty males in your age group feel the same way a draft may very well be inevitable. However at least 50% of those in your age group are patriotic so it is most likely you will contiue to get a free ride.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Default There are plenty of nuts out there

Regarding the draft, not to worry there are plenty of nuts who will continue to sign up -- usually, not always, for economic reason. Pretty much the same formula that the fanatics on the other side use to get their cannon fodder.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:47 AM

Not to re-hash a decided election, but regarding Bush not admitting a mistake, what was Kerry's answer to that question.

If I remember correctly, Bush admitted some of his appointments were mistakes. Kerry went into a soap opera story about his mother in the hospital. Who dodged the question?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just have my own opinions and I think it's beyond pathetic that people have voted this baby murderer back into office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush = "baby murderer"??????????

You are not worthy of a response.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should remove the wool from your head immediately. The only remote chance of a draft being instituted is if this country came under full scale attack and I think we know the probability of that. A draft intitiative would receive 0 support in Congress. Additionally no member of the military wants a draft and know how detrimental to the quality of our forces.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should remove the wool from your head immediately. The only remote chance of a draft being instituted is if this country came under full scale attack and I think we know the probability of that. A draft intitiative would receive 0 support in Congress. Additionally no member of the military wants a draft and know how detrimental to the quality of our forces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I know several people that were officers in Vietnam and they DO NOT like the idea of a draft. The draft = crappy soldiers which can be more trouble than they are worth. America learned the hard way during Vietnam that the draft is not a good thing.

Also, don't you know it's the democrats that are pushing this draft thing?
Old 11-04-2004, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to re-hash a decided election, but regarding Bush not admitting a mistake, what was Kerry's answer to that question.

If I remember correctly, Bush admitted some of his appointments were mistakes. Kerry went into a soap opera story about his mother in the hospital. Who dodged the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, I didn't catch that when watching the debate.