Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: America Sucks

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun at your incestuous Nascar themed Bush Bible study victory party. Sorry if I don't make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

good argument...troll. Its a shame you're not mentally capable of a decent argument, but resort to insults in a thread in which you had NO previous involvement. If you've got a point to make, make it...if not, stick it.

This will (most likely) be the last time I humor you with a response, as your mind is clearly not capable of mature discussion. Heck, I think we'd all be better off if this thread was just deleted.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm neither a foreignor or a liberal. I just have my own opinions and I think it's beyond pathetic that people have voted this baby murderer back into office.

What do you think is going to happen in the wake of the murderous attacks America has made against the Arab world, how many more terrorists do you think were converted when bombs dropped on their homes killing their entire family. The end of America as a superpower is coming, and I for one welcome that change.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you, Grifter. We're murderers. We shouldn't defend ourselves. We should allow as many 9/11's as the poor, peace-loving Arabs want to inflict on us! Turn the other cheek! Let's all sing Kumbayah....LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

While many of Grifters views are somewhat extreme, I think that his words here have some merit. I'm a firm believer that the war on terror cannot be fought like a conventional war as we are fighting an non-conventional enemy. To attempt to eradicate every terrorist is an impossible task and in the attempt to do so we are only breeding more of them.

Humans are reasonable and good from birth. Extremism, as found in the Middle East, is a product of the political and social climate there. Terrorist and extremist groups do not see themselves as evil; they are fighting for a cause that they wholeheartedly believe in. Extremism is by no means a normal or acceptable behavior, but it is important to realize that it stems from certain extreme climates like the one that America has supported in the Middle East over the years.

Instead of adding more fuel to the fire by dropping bombs, perhaps we, as a country, should open our eyes to the reasons for terrorism and consider eradicating it from there. Just a thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 04:46 PM

Does this logic apply to other areas of crime, i.e. murder, rape, etc.?

We cannot eradicate it, so we should understand someones desires and reasons to murder and rape and eradicate it from there?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Hey pimp,

Actually, I think grandma has a decent point here. Terrorism IS a totally different beast to attack, and its sources ARE of high importance. Unfortunately, its sources aren't something we can easily fix, as the type of "Muslim extremist" terrorism we deal with in the Middle East is borne of a twisting of the Muslim religion (which is a peaceful religion), and the propaganda machine that people like OBL run. And in that case, negotiation is entirely ineffective, as a terrorists sole mission is to kill as many "infidels" as possible.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:10 PM

I understand.

I just think the whole "let's not attack them because it will create more attackers" mindset is wrong. BTW, I'm not saying that was her philosophy. She is absolutely correct that we have to fight this scourge with unconventional means.

I think the racism analogy fits here. Someone is brainwashed to be a racist everyday. If you educate and change one person's mind, another one takes his/her place.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you educate and change one person's mind, another one takes his/her place.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bomb this persons house and kill him and his family then his entire neighborhood takes his place.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Who cares?

[ QUOTE ]
Not really, if you are a foreigner who cares what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its this insular attitude by so many Americans which has alienated you from the rest of the world.
America is the biggest most powerful country in the world and has influence in almost all international laws,treaties,trade agreements and conflicts which makes your elections a concern for most.
I live and work in the U.K. for an American company.
Does the American economy affect my job?
Does the American economy affect my stocks and shares?
Is the price of my fuel higher since the war in Iraq?
Have my taxes been used to help finance the war?
Does the election of George Bush affect my life?
YES

Don't get me wrong this is not an anti Bush or anti U.S. rant.This is a statement against ignorance.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:15 PM

Guilty as charged...I voted for Bush. I have blood on my hands. I have blood on my hands from WWI for being an American. I have blood on my hands from WWII...from Vietnam...from Korea...from the first Gulf War...and from every other conflict in which the United States has sacrificed its most precious resource - the lives of its own people - in the interest of trying to improve the world which we all share.

Our country is not always right. We make mistakes, just as many other countries do (look no further than the corrupt UN weapons-for-food program in which several of the countries aligned against the invasion of Iraq are later shown to have been taking kick-backs from Saddam Hussein for their votes in the UN). However, most Americans supported all of these wars not because they in some way benefited America - FAR from it. I did not support any of the wars during my lifetime because I thought it might make filling up my gas tank a buck or two cheaper each week. I supported them because I felt (as did the majority of our country) that it was the right thing to do.

So yes, as an American, I have blood on my hands. It's the blood that American soldiers sacrificed to make the world a better place. It's the blood of civilians that died in the crossfire because a dictator flouted the UN's attempts to stop him from continuing down a path of destruction paved with attempts to develop weapons of mass destruction. And it's the blood of tyrants that had to be stopped from destroying our way of life...not the American way of life, but the way of life of all free people in the world.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bomb this persons house and kill him and his family then his entire neighborhood takes his place.

[/ QUOTE ]

However if you bomb his neighborhood, his city, his county and most of his country eventually the smart ones either hide and watch or end up dead themselves. You assume we must stop with individuals, as you wrote this will likely not work. Look at the bigger picture and solve it accordingly.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:25 PM

Default Another Self hating American.....Yawn!!!

You live in the the state called Dee-nile.....

Wake up and leave the land of make believe.

Muslim religious nuts attacked us on 9/11. Now we need to kill them without mercy.... It is kill or be killed. If they ever get there hands on a nuke, they will use it. If a Democrat is in the office and a nuke explodes in NYC, the USA will surrender and beg Arabs for forgiveness. If we have a MAN as president (i.e. a Republican), the middle east will become the world's largest source of glass....

To hell with the UN....we need to take the fight to them. If anything Bush needs to take off the gloves.