Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Overbet fullhouse again.

Same villian as other overbet. Thought for sure he held k weak kicker.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero bets all-in. Mp calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot:

[censored], action's messed up I think I bet $3 on flop, and then he called, and It hought he had a weak K, so I just moved it all in when the next K came in figuring he was going 'no way he's got a fullhouse i got him this time'
Old 12-29-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Overbet fullhouse again.

action is messed up
Old 12-29-2005, 10:10 AM

delete the 'texas' from the NL texas holdem at the top of the hand history in the converter...that will fix your jacked up action.

seems pretty standard if you put him on a King.....I will try this occasionally. It sucks when they fold, but it's great when they call with bad hands.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:17 AM

The only thing I would do differently is to bet the flop. There are a couple of draw possibilities on this board so you want to make people pay to crack your set. There s a pretty good chance that someone with a hand like top pair or a draw is going to pay you off. It also puts you in position on the turn where getting all in isn't as big an overbet making it more likely that you will get a caller.