Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-23-2005, 11:00 AM

Default PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

With the new VIP Program coming out, I got a look at tenative rewards and points for those rewards and how the structure was going to work a couple months ago. I thought it was a great idea and with the lack of RB at Party, I was seriously considering moving my play to PS exclusively.

I've only played a small handful at Stars just to see what all the fuss was about. I never really knew how FPP's were earned. Today, I looked it up and here's what I saw for cash games :

One (1) Frequent Player Point (FPP) is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches:

$0.50 for fixed limit poker games with stakes $0.50/$1.00 and lower

$0.75 for fixed limit poker games with stakes $1/$2

$1.00 for
pot limit poker games
no limit poker games
fixed limit poker games with stakes $2/$4 and higher

Okay, I have no real numbers to back up a claim here so maybe someone can confirm or deny them for me. Aren't PL/NL players really taking it in the ass here?

I did a quick lookover of 1006 raked hands played on party at $100NL. Of those 1006 raked hands, I have a total of 291 hands that were raked at least $1. This seems really bad for someone who wants to stockpile FPP's for the VIP program.

You need 10,000 FPP's to stay atop the monthly VIP program. That would mean for me playing .5/1 NL, I'd roughly have to play 43,195 hands per month.

I don't have numbers to look at the limit play, but this looks like I, personally would be quite screwed. Agree/disagree?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

[ QUOTE ]
You need 10,000 FPP's to stay atop the monthly VIP program.

[/ QUOTE ] ]

have i missed something?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need 10,000 FPP's to stay atop the monthly VIP program.

[/ QUOTE ] ]

have i missed something?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, I saw the tenative plans for the VIP program and there is now an active page on PS for their VIP program. I'm not at liberty to post it, but I'm sure it'll make its way to 2+2 very soon.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:12 AM

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/main.html
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/main.html

[/ QUOTE ]

^ There you go Ty
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM

What took you so long...

Oh and enjoy!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:28 AM

Shame the FPP store isn't updated yet
Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What took you so long...

Oh and enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone want to do a cut and paste or screenshot, i need some holiday cheer at work.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 AM

Please note, your VIP Club membership will begin January 1, 2006, at which point you will begin earning VIP Player Points.

The PokerStars VIP club recognizes you, the dedicated poker player, and rewards you for choosing to play on the site recognized as the industry's best. PokerStars has always provided you with great games and the best tournaments. Now it offers you new rewards with the VIP Club.

The PokerStars VIP Club offers you the following benefits:
Earn Frequent Player Points (FPPs) up to 3.5 times faster.
Participate in exclusive VIP Freerolls.
At the higher levels of the VIP Club, use your FPPs to buy directly into the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure, the European Poker Tour, and the main event at the World Series of Poker.
At the higher levels of the VIP Club, use your FPPs to purchase consumer goods, including iPods, high-resolution computer monitors, travel packages, and more.

You become a PokerStars VIP the moment you start playing for real money on PokerStars. With your first raked hand, you become a BronzeStar VIP. The more you play on PokerStars, the higher your star will rise. Each level adds more exciting and innovative rewards.

Our new VIP Club is an extension of our existing Frequent Player Point pogram. We've created four new VIP Club month-by-month tiers: BronzeStar, SilverStar, GoldStar, PlatinumStar, and our super-elite annual tier: Supernova

Your VIP Club star level is based on your monthly PokerStars real money play. At the heart of the new program are VIP Player Points (VPP)1. You earn one VPP every time you earn a Frequent Player Point (FPP) playing in a real money ring game or tournament. Players will start accruing VPPs on January 1st, 2006.

Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Stars

You achieve BronzeStar, SilverStar, GoldStar and PlatinumStar tiers by earning a certain number of VPPs during a single month. As you play on PokerStars, you will earn both FPPs and VPPs. Your FPPs are yours to spend as you please in our FPP store or to enter special FPP freerolls. VPPs are how you track your VIP status; they can not be redeemed and have no other value.

Your monthly VPP counter resets at the beginning of each month. To achieve (or maintain) a certain tier in the VIP Club, you must earn the required VPPs during that month. Once you reach a VIP tier you instantly receive everything that tier has to offer for the remainder of the month, and for the month following it.

Supernova VIP

Beyond the monthly tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) lies our super-elite Supernova tier. Any player who earns 100,000 VPPs from January 1st through December 31st of a single calendar year will become a Supernova VIP.

Supernova status supersedes any monthly tier level. Once you become a Supernova VIP, you receive all the benefits of Silver, Gold and PlatinumStars as well as added benefits reserved only for Supernova VIPs.

VPP Requirement Summary
Tier VPPs Required Qualification Period
BronzeStar N/A N/A
SilverStar 1,500 Monthly
GoldStar 4,000 Monthly
PlatinumStar 10,000 Monthly
Supernova 100,000 Yearly
Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 AM

I couldn't figure this out from that link, but here's a quick question:

If you earn the 1500 VPPs in just a few days to get to silver status, do you immediately start earning the extra 50% in FPPs, or does that not go into effect until the following month?