Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: How are you running lately?
So bad I wanna make a thread about it 27 7.40%
Break Even 63 17.26%
Bad 81 22.19%
Average 107 29.32%
Real Hot 26 7.12%
Hot 61 16.71%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Who\'s the [censored]?

We have a road around my neighborhood which goes from two lanes down to one lane right before a railroad track and red light. Whenever a train goes by, a huge line forms in the right lane about 30 or 40 cars long. And everytime this happens, a few people go into the left lane until it begins to merge into the right lane. Now, this pisses me the hell off. These people aren't more important than us in the right lane, and should have to wait in line like everyone else. So I don't let them in. Within all my power, these [censored] are not getting in front of me. So here's my question:
Old 12-21-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Who\'s the [censored]?

Is there a both option?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 AM

Its a simple system. Anybody can attempt to be a cutter if they want, there is nothing illegal about it.

Since I do not like cutting, I do not cut or let cutters in. However, I do not get angry at line waiters for letting them in or for people being cutters. I'm much more worried about not getting in an accident than I am in teaching a cutter a life lesson.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:59 AM

There is nothing at all illegal about going in an open lane. Calm yourself.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:03 AM

I know there's nothing illegal about it, but I just don't think it's something that should happen in a civilized society. Things like this are what's wrong with the world today, people not respecting others. And I make a few exceptions. Specifically, really old, senile-looking people and people with out-of-state tags who, presumably, don't realize that they're cutting.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:04 AM

You are correct. Cutters are pricks who think the rules don't apply to them. These are the assholes that drive in the HOV lane because it's empty.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:10 AM

Isn't there something to be said for using the road space to its fullest? Why must you have 1 line 1 mile long instead of 2 lines 1/2 mile long? What's the bloody difference?If your job is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, The distance is actually made up of numerous points A and B. If everyone follows this logic, the right and left lane would fill at the same rate. Hence, no problem. Sadly, fascist pigs like you want us all to wait in lines, and do not realize that if everyone would simply operate according to their own benefit, the situation would be stable.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't there something to be said for using the road space to its fullest? Why must you have 1 line 1 mile long instead of 2 lines 1/2 mile long? What's the bloody difference?If your job is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, The distance is actually made up of numerous points A and B. If everyone follows this logic, the right and left lane would fill at the same rate. Hence, no problem. Sadly, fascist pigs like you want us all to wait in lines, and do not realize that if everyone would simply operate according to their own benefit, the situation would be stable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea. In fact, I love that idea. But people are idiots who think they know what's best for everyone else. Hence, even if there were signs and brochures and TV commercials touting it as the end-all to this problem, they wouldn't give a [censored].
Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 AM

I am a cutter, but I hate other cutters.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:20 AM

CardSharkCook, two 1/2 mile long lanes would create excessive merging. If you know anything about traffic merging slows down a lanes movement drastically.

It takes longer for 2 1/2 mile lanes to merge into a single lane and continue than a single 2 mile lane.