Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 PM

Default (Another) Change to Interpoker bonus, micros now count (sort of)

Some of you have told us of your difficulty clearing your bonus on the lower-limit tables. We listened!

Effective September 2nd, in addition to the current system where all hands raking over 1 unit ($/£/€) – (equivalent of a 20 unit pot) - count towards clearing your bonus, hands that generate a rake of at least 0.25 units but less than 1.0 unit will ALSO count at one quarter of a raked hand towards your bonus.

For example, every four hands you play which generate rake between 0.25 units and 0.99 units will count as 1 raked hand toward clearing your bonus, and with the new lower clearance levels we introduced in July this makes InterPoker the best monthly bonus on the net.

ALSO, with the newly installed “My Promotions” tab in the cashier, you’ll know exactly how far you are towards clearing your monthly bonus!

Good luck on the tables in September!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: (Another) Change to Interpoker bonus, micros now count (sort of)

ehhh...is the bonus any better? it still would clear slow i would imagine...so instead of 750 or whatever...its 4x that?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:11 AM

The bonus IS better now but depending on what limit you play probably not as good as it was before three months ago.

If you play 1/2 full ring, about 70% of the hands are raked of which about 20% are for 1$ and the remaining 50% for less than a dollar (I dont have access to my PT stats right now so this is a crude estimate). This increases you effective rh ratio from 20 to 32.5 hands per 100. Party bonii at full 1/2 clear at about 65rh/100. Since Crypto clears at 5x it is an equivalent to a 10x Party bonus. These are all rough estimates but my feeling is I came pretty close.
All in all, it seems it paid that I continued to deposit there and waited them out.
You'll also get a baseball cap and Supersystem2 if you play 1000 raked hands.

I also got this one:
Throughout September you’ll have the chance to pick up an Exclusive InterPoker Baseball Cap AND the definitive Poker book: Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2.

Here’s how to get these amazing gifts:

In August you played 79 hands* (where ANY rake was taken) in account oops

If you play 379 hands* in account oops throughout September you’ll receive an Exclusive InterPoker Baseball Cap!

If you play 779 hands* in account oops throughout September you’ll not only get the InterPoker Cap, but also a copy of Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2!

We've also created a tool on our website (separate and different from the “My Promotions” tab), which enables you to keep track of the number of hands* you've played towards these amazing gifts - this will be available on the website in the next couple of days.

This one seems to be somewhat account specific because it cannot be a coincidence that I have played 79 rh last month and have to play now 7 79 raked hands to get the book. I wonder what the requirement would have been if I had played 500 raked hands or zero hands last month.

If I'll do at least two bonii this month I'll get the book. Nice!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Here's my Interpoker letter for comparison:

Throughout September you’ll have the chance to pick up an Exclusive InterPoker Baseball Cap AND the definitive Poker book: Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2.

In August you played 1216 hands* (where ANY rake was taken) in account ---

If you play 1516 hands* in account --- throughout September you’ll receive an Exclusive InterPoker Baseball Cap!

If you play 1916 hands* in account --- throughout September you’ll not only get the InterPoker Cap, but also a copy of Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2!
---------------

So I guess I screwed myself by playing all those hands during the Pocket Kings promotion.

Not sure where you're getting a 70% raked hands at 1/2. The times I play there it's more like 30% of the hands are raked.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:37 PM

This is kind of weird cuz I've been boycotting InterPoker since they changed the raked hand requirement in July. My numbers for SS2 and the cap are as follows though:

[ QUOTE ]

If you play 300 hands* throughout September you’ll receive an Exclusive InterPoker Baseball Cap!

If you play 700 hands* throughout September you’ll not only get the InterPoker Cap, but also a copy of Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2!

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e. the cost of the book and cap are greater for you loyal customers. Guys like me who stormed off with our money are actually being invited back.

This is either very good of InterPoker or very desperate. It's almost enough to make me go back there but not quite.

Edit: Maybe it's not a great deal for me after all. Looks like they just fudged your numbers so that you still have to play 300 or 700 hands on top of what you've already put in. Seems like kind of a weird thing to do instead of saying something like '300 or 700 hands after receiving this email.' Meh.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you play 300 hands* throughout September you’ll receive an Exclusive InterPoker Baseball Cap!

If you play 700 hands* throughout September you’ll not only get the InterPoker Cap, but also a copy of Doyle Brunson’s Super System 2!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played there in months either, got these numbers as well.

Now the question becomes whether I'm bored enough to play about an hour and a half to earn a baseball cap, since I've already got the book.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:55 PM

Play all 700 hands, sell the book on ebay for around $20.00
Old 09-02-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play all 700 hands, sell the book on ebay for around $20.00

[/ QUOTE ]
400 hands for $20 plus the associated hassle that is eBay? I'm not yet that bored...

...still could happen, though.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:33 PM

They probably programmed that wrong and wanted to deduct thehands from previous month instead of adding it. Probably one could send an e-mail? Just kidding!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:29 PM

As long as the rake meets the min requirements you just have to be dealt in the hand correct? It's not contributed is it?

Thanks