Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-26-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Poker Stars ViP FFP

This is so good.

http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp_store_pokeraccessories.html
Old 12-27-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars ViP FFP

[ QUOTE ]
This is so good.

Fixed link

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stoked about the electronics. I'd planned to get a couple of 2001FPs in a couple of months. I figure I'll have enough FPP for one by early Feb. and another a couple of months later. Then an Ipod nano. Then I'm saving for the 50" plasma TV [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 03:14 AM

If you're that desperate to get a 2001FP, just go to boogster or some similar site. In the bonus $ you clear, the additional bonus money they give you, and the money you make, you'll get a 2001FP in about a week.

Slider
Old 12-27-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so good.

Fixed link

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stoked about the electronics. I'd planned to get a couple of 2001FPs in a couple of months. I figure I'll have enough FPP for one by early Feb. and another a couple of months later. Then an Ipod nano. Then I'm saving for the 50" plasma TV [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are better off getting the Dell gift cards and buying them yourself.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:51 AM

for some reason, I really want that "name a star" thing
Old 12-27-2005, 04:26 AM

If you're that desperate to get a 2001FP, just go to boogster or some similar site. In the bonus $ you clear, the additional bonus money they give you, and the money you make, you'll get a 2001FP in about a week.

explain
Old 12-27-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are better off getting the Dell gift cards and buying them yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me this is a estimate and you didn't actually work this out $ for FPP.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:43 PM

I'm sure it's an estimate...but I'm also sure it's correct.

the price that you get from Stars directly for a monitor is going to be pretty high compared with the type of deal you should be able to get by just going to site and using some coupon to bring the price down.

I think it always says on their site that the cost of the 2001FP is $749 for example...but you are pretty foolish if you actually pay that much for it since it should be easy to bring the price down to $450 or lower.
So if you used the gift-card and got it yourself you should be able to get a better deal I suspect (and you can just hang onto the card and wait for the best deal to surface)
Old 12-27-2005, 03:18 PM

I like the travel mug
Old 12-27-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Slider

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the cash for it, but I'm playing a lot at Stars anyway, so this way I get something useful for my FPP. I am well aware of PSO, Boogster, etc. Bonuses account for over half of my bankroll. At this point, I'm less interested in searching for the best bonuses and constantly changing sites, and more interested in trying to improve my game. I do all of the major reloads, excluding a lot of the Cryptos, but I'll be looking for rb instead of bonuses for most of my future signups.

Regarding the giftcards, you are correct that getting the Dell giftcard and ordering the monitors using it would be a better deal. The monitor works out to $560 worth of FPP by itself. The problem is that the only gift card is $2000 for 125000 FPP (62.5 FPP/$). I don't care to wait that long for my monitors and I don't have any real use for the other $1k worth of Dell stuff anyway. If I ever actually end up getting a TV or something later on, I'll look into the gift cards, but otherwise it isn't worth it to me.