Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Opinion on the new Party Poker

Party poker has obviously upgraded. The most notable change is that you can now play more than 4 tables (i experimented and had 10 up at one point). The next is that they randomly dump a screen asking you to verify a word; i'm assuming this is to stop pokerbots.

My question is what do you guys think of these changes?

My personal opinion is that this is very bad for the above average player trying to make a part time job of it. More people could log on to 6-8 tables, play 10-15% and wait on nuts. Average pots go down, you will have to wait longer for people to take thier turn. In general profitability will go way down.

Also, there is the risk that people can now simply data mine partypoker with pokertracker. True before you could get on with 4 games at a time, but now you could click on 10, wait a half hour (or have it on all day) and have a huge database on every player. Again, just bad news.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Opinion on the new Party Poker

In the long run I'm okay with the change. I'm going to be able to play on one account instead of 3, and I'll be able to play party MTTs instead of skin tournaments. That being said, I'm losing about .016 cents a hand, meaning that if I hit my year hand goal, I'll make 15K less. What a pain though. Hopefully my eurobet withdraw goes through, and my party account gets finalized soon.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More people could log on to 6-8 tables, play 10-15% and wait on nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone plays like that, they will get owned by the TAGs. A table full of these kind of guys + a few loose passives on my right is a dream table if you ask me.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:45 AM

Default What about those left behind?

When any player worth a damn is fleeing the [old] party skins, doesn't that sort of leave the dumb fish swimming around unharassed?
Any early scouting reports on the old skins? i've been on vacation and i come back to this crap...
Old 10-11-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: What about those left behind?

Why not come and play at Pacific Poker instead.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The next is that they randomly dump a screen asking you to verify a word; i'm assuming this is to stop pokerbots.

[/ QUOTE ]
This pissed me off. It popped up in the middle of a hand on one of my tables. I had been dealt AA and was being called down by a weak player. I typed in the verifying word, and it took so long to acknowledge that it was the correct word, it timed me out and folded my hand. I had to sit and watch this big pot slide over to the weak player who showed his medium pair. I was pissed. Ive sent a nasty email to pp but havent heard back from them yet.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, there is the risk that people can now simply data mine partypoker with pokertracker. True before you could get on with 4 games at a time, but now you could click on 10, wait a half hour (or have it on all day) and have a huge database on every player. Again, just bad news.

[/ QUOTE ]
Before the split it was easy to datamine up to 20 tables at once between PartyPoker and the skins when they were all on the same platform.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More people could log on to 6-8 tables, play 10-15% and wait on nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone plays like that, they will get owned by the TAGs. A table full of these kind of guys + a few loose passives on my right is a dream table if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yum yum.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: What about those left behind?

[ QUOTE ]
When any player worth a damn is fleeing the [old] party skins, doesn't that sort of leave the dumb fish swimming around unharassed?
Any early scouting reports on the old skins? i've been on vacation and i come back to this crap...

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably keep my mouth shut, but some of the games are actually pretty good now that most of the TAG multitablers have fled to Party.

There's a common belief that everyone who plays on the skins is there for rakeback. There are actually a good number of fish playing without rakeback, many of them from Europe, who play on Empire and Multipoker. These sites actually do quite a bit of advertising in Europe (although you would never be aware of it here in the U.S.) A lot of these players signed up by clicking on a link, just like most of us did a couple of years ago on Party.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:55 PM

Yeah i'm sure they'll drop that if they get too many complaints, so everyone make sure to raise some hell...