Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you call 5:1 on flop with three to a flush, hoping to get a 4 flush on river, assuming the pot wi
Yes 3 7.89%
No 35 92.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Hurricane Katrina Relief Tourney Poll & Info

2+2'ers. The people affected by Hurricane Katrina need your support. The posters on this forum have stepped up on more than one occassion and opened their hearts and wallets for people in need. And we need your support again.

The relief tourney will be Thursday Sept 8th at 8pm EST at Paradise Poker.

Paradise Poker has agreed to donate 50% of the prize pool to the RedCross...and Paradise will match the 50%. This is an excellent offer from Paradise.

I will be creating another post with full details as soon as this poll results are in.

We will be doing a rebuy tournament. I need your input on the amount of the tourney buyin. Poll results will be final.

There will be a special donation account (details to come) set up by GrannyMae for those who cannot attend the tourney.

GrannyMae has once again gone above and beyond in getting this tourney set up and I thank Granny for helping me get this off the ground. Also, jasonHoldem has been working hard to get this going and I want to thank him for all his efforts.

Thanks to everyone who participates. This is definately for a great cause.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Hurricane Katrina Relief Tourney Poll & Info

I think a freezeout tournament is much better than a rebuy tourney.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Thanks to Paradise Poker

I was too late for an edit but I want to make sure I thank Paradise Poker. This wouldn't be possible without your hosting this tourney and your 50% donation of the prize pool to the RedCross and matching the 50% is huge. Thank you Paradise.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't etched in stone but we felt a rebuy would be much funner, it would build the donations and those who just want to donate the initial buyin will have that option. Others who would like to give more by rebuying also have that option.
We will be posting more details tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't etched in stone but we felt a rebuy would be much funner, it would build the donations and those who just want to donate the initial buyin will have that option. Others who would like to give more by rebuying also have that option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it would probably get more donations. But a lot of people here aren't that entertained by playing a 10+1 or 20+2 rebuy where the 30/60 players who don't really care rebuy a gazillion times.

Playing a rebuy tourney with no intention to actually rebuy is completely pointless.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Nice work guys

Good work fellas. I missed the tsunami tourney but will do my best to be there for this one.

Nice job.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it would probably get more donations. But a lot of people here aren't that entertained by playing a 10+1 or 20+2 rebuy where the 30/60 players who don't really care rebuy a gazillion times.

[/ QUOTE ]

duly noted

[ QUOTE ]
Playing a rebuy tourney with no intention to actually rebuy is completely pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under normal circumstances i would agree but the real intentions of this is to raise donations.

We will take what you say into consideration. Jon
Old 08-30-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude the entire point here is to get the largest amount of donations not to have a serious tournament. Your complaints here are very weak.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude the entire point here is to get the largest amount of donations not to have a serious tournament. Your complaints here are very weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm going in with anything. the payout is only 50%, so it is murder the field or get the hell out of there.

i'll hit the break first, or i will have 1500+1500+2500=t5500 and will shove that in first 5 minutes.

woooo

gimme Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to go broke on.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:36 PM

Might be weak, but I think with this strategy a lot of players who want to take part will stay away.

It is not that fun for a microlimit player to play in a tourney where people go all-in every hand because they have the BR to rebuy at will. But hey, perhaps the actual tourney isn't supposed to be enjoyable. What do I know?