Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Chopping rules?

If there is one player that I don't want to chop with (personal reasons -- he's a huge dick, plus he plays horribly, so I feel inclined to rake him over the coals whenever I get the chance, blinds included), but I'll chop with anyone else, and I state before hand that I'll chop with the player on the right, but not the player on my left (the prick mentioned above)...is that ok, or do I need to chop with EVERYONE if I'm going to chop? In my eyes, I'm being consistent with my chopping --- I'll always chop with anyone who's not player A, and I'll never chop with player A, but others have said that I need to always or never chop, period, and it can't be determined on a per player basis. Thoughts?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Chopping rules?

You do what you want. I never chop with anyone ever. He will certainly view you as a dick but i doubt you care. If you think it will make the game bad, don't do it.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:39 PM

if you're not going to chop when you're the SB, you might as well not chop when you are the BB as well. at least in the BB you'd have position.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:00 PM

Hi Kuhn,

I feel that you SHOULD be consistent with the chops at all times, either you do or you don't. I do so especially because my games are raked. However, if your villain feels as much hatred towards you as much as you do towards him, by all means, go at it. But this really needs to be a mutual arrangement. I do like the fact that you tell the table what's going on, but doing this may not improve the game conditions.

Yesterday, a new player sat down and stringently declares that he NEVER chops. I sat to his left and didn't think much of it. One player asks why in a very rude fashion. Another begins to tell him that since everyone else does chop, perhaps he should leave the table. A little while later, he moved tables. He was good for the game and unfortunately, the others did not see it the same way as I did.