Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: which poker icon will be first to go broke

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Being down or up 1milion is a regular ocorrence in that game (as you can tell, simply by reading the blog and seeing Ivey's reaction), and don't pretend to know how much DN makes a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being stuck one million is not a regular occurence in the 4k-8k game.

Quoting Barry Greenstein on his comments about Gus Hansen: I play with Gus in side games where one million dollar swings are very rare, yet I have seen Gus get stuck a million and get even in the same session -- three different times!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please leave the WPT forum. You are basing a statement ona factual quote made by someone who plays regularly in the big game discussed. We all know that is not allowed. If you're going to post, just put down some wild speculation.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:47 PM

quoting ted forrester: "i play in a game where being stuck one milion is a regular ocurrence" (in some televised poker event, i have no idea wich)

And if you read the blog discussed here (where DN was down 1.3milion): "Phil finally turned to me and said, "You finally broke your cherry." I didn't have to ask him what he meant by that, I totally understood that he was referring to being stuck a million dollars in a poker game." It looks to me like they take as a natural thing.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quoting ted forrester: "i play in a game where being stuck one milion is a regular ocurrence" (in some televised poker event, i have no idea wich)

And if you read the blog discussed here (where DN was down 1.3milion): "Phil finally turned to me and said, "You finally broke your cherry." I didn't have to ask him what he meant by that, I totally understood that he was referring to being stuck a million dollars in a poker game." It looks to me like they take as a natural thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH!