Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:25 PM

Default River Question

20/40 live at bay 101

game is pretty sh!tty but the players aren't very good. a bunch of guys trying to play well but don't.

a boring guy limps in EMP folded to me in the CO and i raise with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. the button and small blind fold. a kind of spicy player calls in the bb and the emp guy call. 3 way action for 6.5 small bets.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check and a check means i bet. call and call.

turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check and check and i bet again. the spicy one calls. the boring one folds.

river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

If he bets, do I call, fold, or raise?

If he checks, do I bet or check?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: River Question

I"d need to know a bit more about the spicy player, but generally I'm not betting this river. Obv if he's the type to take a shot here with nada, I'd call. I would'nt be thrilled about it thuough. I

Re betting the river, in my games, my spicy players call the river with bad aces.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm not sure at all what a "spicy player" is. But by default I would fold if he bets, and check if he checks. But I'm slightly rethinking the check if he checks, only so I don't have to show the hand.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm slightly rethinking the check if he checks, only so I don't have to show the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think showing the hand matters much either way. I guess if CDC has been stealing constantly then, yes, not showing the hand is good. But if that isn't the case I don't see why we wouldn't want to show this down.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:58 PM

The obvious question is does this get ever check call and Ace here on two streets. My default would be to put in one bet on the river no matter what happens.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:44 PM

If he bets, I call. Pot odds are right.

If he checks, I check.
He might have slow played an ace knowing you'd bet, since you raised pre-flop. If he doesn't have enough to beat your pair, he wouldn't call your bet, so the only way your bet would get called would be if he had you beat. I suck, so don't listen to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:02 PM

since this is how I can imagine a lot of aces being played I'm inclined to check behind and fold to a bet.

but if he's spicy enough to get frisky with not an A... then yeah, I don't know if calling or raising is better.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:31 AM

Checking it through, folding to a bet.

He isnt calling a bet with anything you beat often enough to make it profitable.

If he bets out, then its an easy fold. You have been leading the betting the whole way and now he wakes up with a bet? Fold, fold, fold.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 AM

T8s is not a hand to raise with unless you are HU. What are you betting with on the flop? you have nothing! anyway, you turned an 8, how lucky, but there is still an ace on the board. that means if anyone has an ace you lose. if he bets it means he has one and you fold. if he checks he might be slowplaying an ace and you should fold.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
T8s is not a hand to raise with unless you are HU. What are you betting with on the flop? you have nothing! anyway, you turned an 8, how lucky, but there is still an ace on the board. that means if anyone has an ace you lose. if he bets it means he has one and you fold. if he checks he might be slowplaying an ace and you should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awesome gimmick account.