Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:17 PM

Default bluff induction 101

no reads yet.. but is this play standard if i assume villain is more aggro postflop, os should i just bet out on the river instead?

i'm also wondering if maybe i should raise the flop? and if i get called i can figure out where the Ace is. it makes me timid on the flop, ace-rag is so popular.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 11-27-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: bluff induction 101

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero OPEN LIMPS

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont do this in 6m, specially w/ offsuit broadways, also, what bluff are you trying to induce, you dont have a hand, if you had some pair then maybe something, but you pretty much played every street wrong, no matter what kind of read you have on the guy
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 PM

you should open limp with KTo with other limpers. i knew they would come in so i took the initiative.

i don't think i did much wrong at all, please explain yourself.

you say i don't have a hand but many times in 6M AK high IS A HAND!
Old 11-27-2005, 12:28 PM

Raise preflop.
If you're still bet into on the flop, fold.
If it is checked to you on the flop, bet.
If button folds, check behind on the turn.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:31 PM

my guide says fold UTG and MP, limp with other limpers. it disagrees with both of you.. and me, sort of.

as far as i'm concerned BB was on a draw.

care to know what he had?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:36 PM

You have KT high, not AK high, you need to have AK to have AK high, just because theres an ace on the board, doesnt mean you have Ax high, and yeah this is 6m, but you do need to have a pair+ most of the time to win a hand, i rarely showdown A high barring a strong read, just open raise this next time or just fold
Old 11-27-2005, 12:37 PM

we both have an ace on the board, so K is for all intents and purposes just as good.

so far at this level i see a lot of calling down by chasers, and i find this works a lot. he showed 76s. and this is down to HU, i doubt a pair is needed to win most of the time with only two.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:48 PM

this is disgusting and terrible. to put it mildly. it doesn't matter if you won or not, this is bad.

Raise PF, or fold preflop...don't open limp, espcially w/ unsuited broadway..you don't want a multiway pot with that hand.

since you didn't raise preflop...fold the flop. If he's bluffing you..so what..it's a small pot, and i would say that when somebody opens in a multiway pot, and you don't have anything, you're behind a vast majority of the time.

if you continue to play like this, you'll go broke.

cheers.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:58 PM

yeah it's right up there with a concentration camp.

anyway thanks.. or not. you weren't at the table, so give me a break.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we both have an ace on the board, so K is for all intents and purposes just as good.

so far at this level i see a lot of calling down by chasers, and i find this works a lot. he showed 76s. and this is down to HU, i doubt a pair is needed to win most of the time with only two.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being results oriented. This play is going to lose a WHOLE lot more pots than it is going to win.

Don't be a victim of FPS.
Closed Thread