Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM

Default WA/WB multiway?

I have no read on the preflop raiser, the rest of the bunch are loose passive.
Is this really a good line? I'm very unsure of how I played this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 11-21-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: WA/WB multiway?

with all those goofies calling in the middle, i'm c/r the flop or donking the turn. i really don't want that checked through and i'd like to charge any straight draws more to play since i can't really protect my hand against them.

the river is interesting only if you can figure to fold to a raise. i think you're WA more than WB.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:43 PM

They are not loose enough to have straight draws here though.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:59 PM

I would c/c this river. If I havn't folded pre-river, then I want to see this showdown. b/c'ing seems a bit spewey if you put him on a standard range (AK-AT, AA, KK, it seems unlikely he would bet this turn with anything else), and b/f'ing at this point vs an unknown could be a huge mistake.

I think with reads we could b/c or b/f this river, but i'd rather pass up a tiny bit ev here for the safer line (plus information from the showdown).

Also, If I thought I could get rid of MP1 with a raise on the flop, I would probably raise the flop.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:04 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

if you're goign to bet, the flop and turn are a lot better choices than the river. once he bets the turn, it's likely he has you beat
Old 11-21-2005, 05:13 PM

Everybody thinks differently about the correct line in this hand apparently. Can we get some more discussion going? I think hands where there is no consensus right away are the most interesting.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:17 PM

I would c/c the flop and donk bet the turn with the intention of calling a raise and check/folding the river or just to continue betting if called.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:03 PM

I'd bet/fold the turn. Given the mulitwayness of this pot, I can't see the raiser betting KK-TT or whatever here very often after getting called in 3 spots on the flop. The bet also makes it probably incorrect for a gutshot to call here. The probably is that on one hand they'd be getting 7:1 plus implied odds, not enough, mitigated by sometimes getting more calls and hurt by getting raised, so its probably wrong for them and therefore right for you if your hand is best a decent portion of the time. Same basic thing with smaller pairs/worse aces that might be too timid to bet themselves but will call. Finally, being multiway really prevents the raiser from trying anything funny without an A.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:21 PM

I will usually bet this up front on the flop, or check-raise it. If I think doing a check-raise will eliminate more players, I'll do that.

I bet the turn too. If you get raised, think about folding.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 PM

how about AT, A9, A8, A7, A6 etc? thin the field!