Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 06:31 PM

Default A6o TPTK vs tag oop

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Over 50 hands the villain is 15%, 8%pfr, 0 aggression (because he's only been betting/raising). I have no other 'read.'

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: A6o TPTK vs tag oop

Shameless bump. You all don't know what to do either, huh?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:52 PM

i would probly call down, but im pretty sure your beat, either by a set, an overpair, or a flush, folding cant be too bad
Old 09-17-2005, 09:26 PM

C/f, some TAGs will limp a hand like JdTd, others will limp pocket pairs from early... either way, after this turn you're beating zero hands
Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Result

...Hero folds.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:55 PM

I think I'm check folding this turn. I've been trying to figure out what our villain could have played like this that he limped UTG+1. 55-88 or maybe 99, two big diamonds or Ax of diamonds.... If he had flopped a set with 55 or 66 that's an awfully bullish line heads up, so those seem a bit less likely. So on that turn 77 just made a set, 88 or 99 is still ahead and might have a better flush draw and two diamonds have you drawing dead. Given we only have 50 hands on the villain here, but if he is a solid tag as they would hint toward, I'm not sure what other hands we can throw in here. I think you have to be behind, and your flush draw is rarely live.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:28 PM

I also check/fold the turn.

Nice 3-bet on the flop though, as it could easily have been a free card play with unimproved overs or a flush draw. But the flop cap says you're toast.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:55 PM

Hi everybody,

Check folding this flop is probably not correct because there are too many hands that you are drawing live against to fold. The main issue in reading this player is if he would cap the flop without a diamond. I think he would almost certainly cap it with a set and if he limped in with a big hand like AA-TT, he may be trying to overcompensate his missed preflop raise by putting in excess action postflop. Simply put, the pot is decent sized (6.16 bb's if villian bets), and your diamond outs could be good, as well as your two pair/trip outs.

You should check and call this turn and see what falls on the river, which will probably consist of betting out any diamond, ace or six and check folding offsuit blanks.

I haven't worked out the math here versus a probable range of hands, but I suspect calling the turn is a lot closer (if not +EV) then the rest of you think.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia
Old 09-18-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everybody,

Check folding this flop is probably not correct because there are too many hands that you are drawing live against to fold. The main issue in reading this player is if he would cap the flop without a diamond. I think he would almost certainly cap it with a set and if he limped in with a big hand like AA-TT, he may be trying to overcompensate his missed preflop raise by putting in excess action postflop. Simply put, the pot is decent sized (6.16 bb's if villian bets), and your diamond outs could be good, as well as your two pair/trip outs.

You should check and call this turn and see what falls on the river, which will probably consist of betting out any diamond, ace or six and check folding offsuit blanks.

I haven't worked out the math here versus a probable range of hands, but I suspect calling the turn is a lot closer (if not +EV) then the rest of you think.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia

[/ QUOTE ]

What are villain's probable range of hands? A 15/8 who is capping this flop after limping early position preflop seems to most likely have a set, overpair, or a flush draw (which hit on the turn)... or am I missing sometihng?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:13 AM

Would this line be bad?

[ QUOTE ]
Over 50 hands the villain is 15%, 8%pfr, 0 aggression (because he's only been betting/raising). I have no other 'read.'

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (5.16 BB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero check-raises, Villain three-bets, hero folds

Or

Hero checks, Villian bets, Hero check-raises, Villian calls

River: Rag

Hero bets ...