Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-01-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Wynn Restraunts

Making a last minute trip this weekend to Vegas and staying at the Wynn (they sent me a thing for free room). Has anyone been to the restraunts there, and what did you think of them? Thanks for any opinions.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Wynn Restraunts

DB Brasserie was quite good, but a tad disappointing as it wasn't as good as DB Bistro Moderne in NYC.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Red8, the asian place, was good. I really liked the buffet, but ask for a table in the atrium area where it's sunny. Parasol Up/Down was an okay place for drinks.

Regards,

T
Old 09-01-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Making a last minute trip this weekend to Vegas and staying at the Wynn (they sent me a thing for free room). Has anyone been to the restraunts there, and what did you think of them? Thanks for any opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just discovered golf course's cafe... AMAZING. Dress well and get reservations (unless you have a tee time scheduled).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 02:41 AM

Red 8 has awesome food there
Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM

Do most of their restraunts have a dress code? Don't mind wearing a tie, but hate wearing a jacket when it's hot.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 PM

I've only eaten at the Deli around the corner from the poker room and it's very good but you probably wouldn't consider it for dinner. There are two restaurants down the escalator flanking *Parasol Down* a very nice bar area overlooking the Wynn's water feature. I think some other posters mentioned one of them, Red8 I believe, and it must be good because it's located at the premier location at the Wynn. The other one, however, is Daniel Boulud and you should go there if you can get in and don't mind the price. Daniel Boulud is one of the most lauded chefs in the world. It was quite a coup for the Wynn to get him. People make reservations months in advance for his place in NYC. If you go there please let us know how it was, I really want to hear about it.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:34 AM

Red8 - Great place for poker players because its very causal. Really good chinese food served pretty quickly (not a real sit down formal meal).

SW - The steakhouse (down the curved escalator from Parasol Up and to the left) is fantastic, probably the best restaurant in the building.

DB - Great food, great atmosphere.

Weng Lai - DN's favorite restaurant, mine too. An amazing selection of somewhat off the wall asian cuisine.

Okana - The Japanese restaurant is the only one to get really mixed reviews. I didnt like it much.

Corsa Cuchina - Located right across from the poker room, like Red8 it is pretty fast and informal. They are actually closing it to remodel and redo the menu because it was getting such great reviews (not that it makes much sense).

Alex - I ate there opening night and it was phenomenal, but expensive.

I thought the buffet was the best in town, better than Rio and Bellagio.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Red8, the asian place, was good

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I was starving when I hit that spot but i think the food was exceptional. "Why you fold 8? 8 very lucky!"
Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 PM

I thought the buffet was the best in town, better than Rio and Bellagio.

have you tried dishes @ TI yet? thats a sweet buffet