Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Folding aces on the flop?

This hand just happened: Prima NL20 6 max, villain and I both have about $25. I get AA in mp and open for 4x BB. Called by loose, weak button and good TAG big blind.

Flop comes KKx, BB checks, I bet the pot ($3), button folds, BB minraises. I have played against the guy a fair bit and he seems pretty good and doesnt try anything tricky, can I do anything here but fold?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Folding aces on the flop?

do not fold Aces in NL20 6-max.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 AM

You have to be kidding me... how would you play this then given my read of this guy?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:01 AM

The NL20s aren't necessarily that bad. I'd probably call and check/fold turn, check/call a half pot river. If you believe your read is strong enough to be fairly certain that he won't check/raise a cbet unimproved, then your fold is fine.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:11 AM

Yeah I hate the fold here, I think I was playing a bit weakly. Calling and then seeing how he acts on the turn is probably better. Villian is a very tight player so a check minraise on that board seems rather unusual/strong.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:13 AM

There's nothing wrong with a fold there. Nobody will call you weak-tight for that move.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:23 AM

In this situation I most likely call, because you said it was K,K,x, say it were K,K,J most likely he doesn't not have the boat, and most likely he does not have a King, so you are most likely good here, he might have A-J or Jack whatever, but If I were him and I paired my Jack I would definitely be reraising your $3 pot bet, only I don't minraise, I'd go to $9, and if I were in your shoes I'd contemplate reraising, but most likely I'd call, just in case you did have the boat or a King, but also because you might fold the Jacks to my raise.

You should call his minraise
Old 12-29-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In this situation I most likely call, because you said it was K,K,x, say it were K,K,J most likely he doesn't not have the boat, and most likely he does not have a King, so you are most likely good here, he might have A-J or Jack whatever, but If I were him and I paired my Jack I would definitely be reraising your $3 pot bet, only I don't minraise, I'd go to $9, and if I were in your shoes I'd contemplate reraising, but most likely I'd call, just in case you did have the boat or a King, but also because you might fold the Jacks to my raise.

You should call his minraise

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're checkraising with a J here you don't like money.

to op:
I like the fold. Calling and seeing what happens on the turn isn't bad but it generally won't change much and you're almost forced to lose money if villain checks the turn.