Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: 10 High Flush On The River Facing A Bet

I think betting the flop makes sense to get more info? (granted, I've seen plenty of LAGs that would raise this flop w/ 64o to try to steal)

The best reason to bet this flop is because you are a strong favorite to have the best hand and you'd like to prevent overcards (A, Q, J) and other draws (lone ace of clubs) from drawing cheaply on you.

Good luck,

Luke
Old 12-27-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since you are new we can allow one more chance [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]- you do need to worry about the flush - however hero is 10 high so his primary concern is a higher flush (not any two clubs)
or a full house

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... I didn't realize how big of a donk I was, and thanks for the extra chance! Maybe it was all the eggnog over the holidays and I'm still hungover - apparently it's a really good thing I haven't played at all the last couple days. Not only can I not find the right forum, I can't read a board to save my life. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for straightening me out - it all makes sense now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm gonna get some sleep and sober up before heading back to the tables, and try to make sure I know wtf I'm talking about before I post next time...
Old 12-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Bet the flop and turn, either way i think i call this river bet and make a note