Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Party Poker notes file

I'm at my parents' place for the holidays and they've got a computer and a wireless connection so I've been playing a bit of poker but without PT and PA. So I'm not totally in the dark, I emailed myself my notes file so I could at least have my player notes at the table. Unfortunately, something is amiss and my notes are truncated around the 55-60th character (it is not uniform from one player SN to the next). Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

More detail:
--I emailed the file "Notes.txt" found in the Party main directory using gmail.
--When I open the notes file wtith notepad prior to opening Party, the file is of the format "SN~text>" where SN is the screenname, it is followed by a tilda, then my notes are present with tabs taking the place of carriage returns, then the note ends with a greater than sign, then the next note begins without a carriage return, space, or anything else. At this time, all my notes are complete
--After opening Party and finding somebody I have a note on, the note icon is present and, when I click on "show notes", I get a truncated (55-60 character long) version of my notes on that player.
--After closing Party and reopening Notes.txt with notepad, the text has changed drastically. There is now a carriage return between each player (so each SN has its own line) but the "SN~text>" is still preserved despite the text being cut.
--Any new notes I make from my parents' computer do not suffer from the truncation issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Party Poker notes file

what a bummer. I looked at my notes file.

Each note is on it's own line with the SN~text> format you describe. TABs seem to take the place of the C/R in the note window:

donkey~this guy is a donkey>
shark~his name don't lie!>
maniac~lead w/any two>

I would get a text editor that can do global replace to find the regex *word*~ and replacing it with C/R*word*~ (mind the spaces). Hopefully that'll fix it.

In the future, you could .zip the notes file, that should prevent gmail from screwing with the format.

gl
Old 12-23-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what a bummer. I looked at my notes file.

Each note is on it's own line with the SN~text> format you describe. TABs seem to take the place of the C/R in the note window:

donkey~this guy is a donkey>
shark~his name don't lie!>
maniac~lead w/any two>

I would get a text editor that can do global replace to find the regex *word*~ and replacing it with C/R*word*~ (mind the spaces). Hopefully that'll fix it.

In the future, you could .zip the notes file, that should prevent gmail from screwing with the format.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice--after my original post, I tried the global replace to put in carriage returns but that didn't fix the problem. I wondered if there was some hidden character or something in there somewhere but haven't found anything (I tried opening it in Word and toggling the option to view all the carriage returns, tabs, and stuff of that nature but found nothing).
Old 12-26-2005, 08:47 PM

Party truncates notes. Nothing you can do...

Before HUDs, when note exporting was getting more common, huge note files were making the party client freeze. Their fix was to truncate notes over 60 or so length.