Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 09:12 PM

Default 60/120 Live 5 bet on the turn with 2nd nuts....

Im playing in a very good 3 handed 60/120 live game. My opponents have been playing very loose and fast with draws/total bluffs as well as strong hands.

Im in the bb and am dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
button raises, sb 3 bets, i call (their raising is so standard and my hand could very likely be the best), button caps, 3 to the flop.
Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Sb bets I call button raises sb calls i call.
Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Sb bets, I raise, button folds, sb 3bets, i 4bet, sb 5 bets, I call
River is a blank, he checks, I check?

I just couldnt see what he was 5 betting with on that turn that wouldnt be the nut flush. Do you guys bet the river when checked to? I decided not to because I would have felt totally outplayed had he check raised me with the nut flush on the river.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: 60/120 Live 5 bet on the turn with 2nd nuts....

have to bet the river. only hand sb plays that beats you is A10s, and i don't know if he 3-bets that preflop. call a c/r too if it comes.
-tony
Old 11-19-2005, 09:55 PM

Bet the river. It's shorthanded. It's loose. It's aggressive. You have the best hand almost always. Call to C/R.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:07 PM

cap preflop and probably sixbet the turn depending on this guys tendencies.
river bet is clear, he has a set.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have to bet the river. only hand sb plays that beats you is A10s, and i don't know if he 3-bets that preflop. call a c/r too if it comes.
-tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? Villian has any suited Ax heart here.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:55 AM

Hi Seether,

The turn completed a straight so he can give you lots of action with a made lower flush. I think his river check is often a signal that after all that turn action, he's suddenly gotten cold feet. Bet the river.

good luck.
eric
Old 11-20-2005, 02:08 AM

id bet and call a raise, i dont see him checking the nuts here, he probably has a set or lower flush or straight or something and just realized its no good
Old 11-20-2005, 05:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Villain did not table his hand but it was apparent he had a set. I thought a set was definantly his most likely holding but because of how I was running pussied out, Im fairly sure villain had QQ, but how the game was showing it was not worth asking to see his hand. I tabled my KJhearts and it was good.

Do you guys feel that a turn 6 bet was a good idea? Im used to the 4 bet online cap and I felt that by the 5th bet he had to know I at least had a baby flush and he was saying it was no good.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys feel that a turn 6 bet was a good idea? Im used to the 4 bet online cap and I felt that by the 5th bet he had to know I at least had a baby flush and he was saying it was no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

First time I played decent stakes live I went 8 bets on the turn with bottom set, turned out it was not good but i rivered a winner... keep at it.

-Brad
Old 11-20-2005, 08:38 AM

I think 6 betting the turn is a must. I can't see A high flush just call the flop raise, then lead the turn on a nonscare. He either is 3 betting the flop or planning to c/r the turn or bet a fourth heart cuz hes afraid it gets checked through.