Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Two AKu hands

sorry, no reads

hand 1

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, won by Villain.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Villain.</font>

should I; cap pf, call this down??

hand 2

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

is this call down ok ?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Two AKu hands

Hand 1

Not really sure I do tend to do the cap PF/call down here

Hand 2

Fold the turn
Old 09-12-2005, 02:44 PM

I'd cap pre-flop in hand 1. I'd just call the flop and fold the turn.

I'd fold the turn in hand 2. The pot is pretty small and you only beat a bluff.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM

1)
cap pf, it looked like you were stealing, and his raise could be any of a wide range of hands

call the turn, youre getting 7.5 to 1 and most likely youre good with an ace, king and definitely good with the case 6, unless he has that.
with say 7 outs, you will hit about 15% of the time, and 1/7.5 is about 13%.

2) fold turn, pot is small and not offering you odds to draw, and you might be against a flush or trips already
Old 09-12-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)
cap pf, it looked like you were stealing, and his raise could be any of a wide range of hands

call the turn, youre getting 7.5 to 1 and most likely youre good with an ace, king and definitely good with the case 6, unless he has that.
with say 7 outs, you will hit about 15% of the time, and 1/7.5 is about 13%.

2) fold turn, pot is small and not offering you odds to draw, and you might be against a flush or trips already

[/ QUOTE ]

(1)
altough I realized that he has a wide range of hands to 3bet me here, my thinking behind not capping pf was that he as either high cards or a pair and he will show me which one it is when I raise the flop

(2) my thinking here was that this play made no sense with anything but an high club, so I expected a bluff to be rather likely
Old 09-12-2005, 03:30 PM

Hand number one - cap pf and call down.

Hand number two - I read the villian as betting to prevent you checking through the scare card. The sb has checked already but I would be a little more suspicious of the bet if it was heads up. Without a club I think you are better off folding this.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:59 PM

Hand 1 - When I'm defending my blind, I personally love the play made, at least against players capable of folding. When faced with a potential steal, I routinely 3-bet decent hands (A-8 and up, any PP, etc, 2 painted), follow it up with strong bets. I'm constantly amazed at how profitable I've found it to be.

So, the only counter to the blind-defend 3-bet is cap, and play strong. I think you're in a position to take this pot more than you think.

Of course, that's subject to read on player. Lower AF could be different story.