Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Has the calling \"all-in\" standards at the 50\'s gone to hell?

I've been thinking about this situation for a while now...

First of all, I don't even want to begin to suggest that this is the best strategy "by the book." but...

If you watch me play...

In the first couple levels I look scared, I mean I rarely play a hand and if I do I usually end up pushing in on the flop or turn and you never see my cards. (I'm pushing AA & KK) You may see me limp a hand or two and then fold on the flop. (small pockets)
In the next level or two I start to push a couple hands. Everyone folds, so you never see my hand.
In levels after 5 I'm pushing a lot.

Do you think I know how to play poker? Do you think I know how to play post-flop? Or am I just a scared player who thinks he can just push a lot and win? ( I know the 2+2's know I don't have a clue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], but I mean for the normal fishes that play.)

And if you think I don't know how to play, how brave are you going to get in calling me? Braver than normal I'll bet.

When I end up actually "playing" a blind, I seem to get more respect for my pushes later on.

Comments?

------------Jeff