Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-03-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Cat food and dog food for a month- 10K

One issue that might need to be addressed: is there a minimum he must eat per day? If not I could see this bet being pretty easy. Just limit food intake to a bare minimum to get by for the month. If you say he has to east, say 2 meals a day, this would be much more difficult.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:22 AM

Just to let you know, dog and cat food is made from the extreme leftover meat products that are extremely high risk for mad cow disease prions.

So the health implications would be enormous, virtually guaranteeing that he would develop alzheimers in later life.

Having said that however, I think if you eat meat regularly you are exposed somewhat anyway. But not to the massive extent of dog food.

I think you need to make him aware of it and let him research it before he does it.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to let you know, dog and cat food is made from the extreme leftover meat products that are extremely high risk for mad cow disease prions.

So the health implications would be enormous, virtually guaranteeing that he would develop alzheimers in later life.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy who sits behind me at work told me this when I was offered £1500 to eat a tin of Catfood....Just after I had done a bottle of Tobasco for £1000....

I wouldn't do the catfood or Dog food for that matter due to the fact that its leftover meat and not the good stuff either....
Old 12-06-2005, 10:11 AM

I could eat the nutro dog and cat food we feed our cats in the little flavor pouches pretty easy for 10k. I tasted the yankee pot roast that we feed our dog and it tasted better than dinty moore beef stew...if your buddy finds that one he'll do the month no problem.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:21 AM

$10k is not nearly enough money for this IMO. Of course, that's just me. This reminds me of "Supersize Me" in which Morgan Spurlock put himself on an all McDonalds diet for 30 days. At this point, I'm quite confident that if someone offered me $10k to eat only McDonalds food for a month (a little bit of everything, not JUST the healthier stuff they have there), I would not take this offer.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:35 AM

although the protein/carb imbalance would probably [censored] with him, a multivitamin MAY (I'm not a [censored] doctor here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) alleviate some of the nutrient imbalance. aren't a lot of wet cat/dog foods advertised as nutrient fortified or whatever?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:51 AM

dude, he's so going to cheat. I would make him eat AT LEAST one can of the wet [censored] per day, and at least one bowl of the dry stuff per day.

If I was betting someone they could do this, they could ONLY eat cat/dog food for the entire month, and NOTHING else. I would suspect there would be a lot of cheating going on since you will not be with him 24/7.

personally, I would not do this for less than 100k
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it works for my grandma!

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF, when americans say "dog food" they mean food you may give to a dog, not food made out of dogs. Just clearing up obvious confusion here.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:09 PM

this sounds like a pretty cool bet, but what the hell do you get out of it if he doesn't complete the bet? nothing?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 PM

make him eat out of a bowl on the floor