Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Live MTT Hand

I'm in a local club room tournament and have been increasing my stack very nicely. It is at t13,000 from the original
t2,500. We started with 45 players and are now down to 12. Blinds are 400/800 with a 100 ante. The button, fat greasy
hair, has no idea what he is doing limps. This means he wants to see a flop and doesnt have anything exciting. Then
the SB (the only stack that has me covered) raises to 1,600. The SB is a young woman who doesnt really know what
shes doing. 20 mins earlier she tripled up with pocket 4's vs kings and aces. This is how she has her stack. When she
raises the minimum I'm either putting her on a monster or a hand like 6s-10s where she feels she needs to raise but
doesnt want to raise too much. I'm in the BB with Q8c I call, and so does the button. Flop is 6cJc2s. There is 5400
in the pot and the SB bets 2000. We have around 11k behind us, what do we do...
Old 08-18-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Live MTT Hand

bump..sorry about the formatting
Old 08-18-2005, 01:17 PM

I would have folded preflop, but i'm tight like that. I don't want 1/10th of my stack in the pot with Q8s OOP.
The flop you could push if you think that the SB will lay down a hand that hasn't hit the flop. Most of the time i'd just fold and wait for a better spot. It sounds like the field is weak so i'm sure you can find better spots.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:35 PM

You definately want to atleast call on the flop. You are getting good odds to call and see another card, assuming button doesn't raise. The push is not a bad play. It you get called by top pair, you are only slightly behind plus you get great pot odds. Pushing has a good chance to take the pot. I think calling and pushing are both EV+, but the pot is big enough that I would push.

I think the preflop call is considered correct, but I might fold.