Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Default A10 SB hand

I have A10o in the SB of a 15/30 game at party. It is folded to the CO who opens for a raise. I 3-bet and the BB caps it. We take the flop 3 handed. No notes on either player.

FLOP 10,7,6

I bet, BB raises, fold, I call.

TURN 9

Check, bet, call.

River A

I bet he calls. My biggest thought was the flop bet. I wanted the BB to raise and drive out the button which worked out. Thoughts?

SGS
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: A10 SB hand

the flop bet is good, and so is the turn check/call when he raises. you don't want to mess around when there are plenty of overcards and gutshot possibilities in CO's range.

BB is much more likely to be reverse dominated or crushing you, and if he's aggro enough to really push his position with a turn raise you don't want to bet/call when your hand is then obviously a pair+overcard kicker. if you bet the turn and he's weak, he'll just fold to the scary board.

as played, river bet is easy.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: A10 SB hand

This is probably the line I would take but I'm never altogehter satisfied with it. Especially when I checkcall the nonA river and get shown QQ or something. What do people in general think about checkraise or bet and call the flop, check and call the turn, and check and fold the river unimproved.