Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Brian Westbrook?

With the big mess in Philly, how will Brian Westbrook's production be affected for the rest of the year? Will he thrive being the top option, will he be keyed in upon by defenses and be shut down, will Reid shut him down if the Eagles are out of contention, or can we simply expect the same ol' Brian?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Brian Westbrook?

He will probably get less production. Teams will focus their entire defensive gameplan around him.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:40 AM

I would think the Eagles will run the ball more with McMahon at QB. I also would hope Reid would have a bunch of "safe" passes like swings and screens that should mean the same amount of catches for Westbrook.

The Eagles have to get the ball in his hands he is thier best playmaker. I wouldn't be too concerned about teams knowing he will be getting the ball because of how many different spots he lines up in and how many times he catches passes. Reid is very good at getting him the ball in space and Westbrook is in that Marshal Faulk mode of back who you just can't scheme against.

I'm sitting Westbrook in two leagues this week (for Lamont Jordan) and just trying to gauge how he is used Sunday. However, without that viable option I would be starting him and not be too worried.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:40 PM

You can gameplan against him. The Chiefs did, and effectively took him out of the game. The problem is that their defensive scheme forgot about Owens, who was often single covered and torched them.

FWIW, I would still start Westbrook. He will get his touches because the Eagles will forcefeed him and LJ the ball. But I woulden't expect a monster game out of him.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:31 PM

I have him in my league, and a guy in my league offered me a trade for him. My league starts 2 RBs and 2 WRs, standard scoring. Here's the offer:

Chad Johnson & Ronnie Brown for Brian Westbrook

My RBs & WRs:
RB: Tiki Barber, Antowain Smith, Duce Staley, Brian Westbrook
WR: Deion Branch, Donald Driver, Jimmy Smith, Hines Ward

Note: His team is the strongest in the league, but not in my division, but I don't wanna help out a team I might see playoff time. Should I do this trade?
Old 11-19-2005, 11:19 AM

Does you league happen to give a point per reception? If it does, then no way. If not the I think it is pretty close. You WRs are ok now but obviously CJ is an upgrade. The question is do you feel comfortable with Brown, Staley, or Smith as your second back? I wouldn't
Then, can you package a WR and RB for an upgrade and RB?