Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Who are the scariest shorthanded 20/40 players at Party? (Likely L

[ QUOTE ]
it's a fuckload more aggressive and significantly tougher (partially because of a combination of that and the doubled stakes)

[/ QUOTE ]

About a month ago I played a few thousand hands of 20/40 full and didn't think it was "that" different from 15/30 full. This was less than 5k hands though and none of it shorthanded. I felt entirely comfortable.

A quick stint into 30/60 full was totally different though. Maybe i feel this way because I won at 20 and lost at 30.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:15 PM

yeah what sthief said, one thing i did notice - its a viable strategy to find super lags and get position on them. the kind of super lags that only seem to hover 15/30 and above, they can be very profitable. downside of course is that the pot average skyrockets because of them and the tables will eventually fill up. mind you these super lags will not play in the full and will typically get up and find another SH game.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:16 PM

I'm sure that helps...

Is 15/30 full still a juicy game? I'm thinking about 4 tabling full tables instead of 2 tabling short ones for a change.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that helps...

Is 15/30 full still a juicy game? I'm thinking about 4 tabling full tables instead of 2 tabling short ones for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally if you sit at short full tables they are very juicy.

I regularly find 3-4 10 handed games with vpip > 30 of 15/30 full.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

15/30 full is not the game that it was 6 months. Not even close. It's still beatable and a good game but relatively speaking it's much harder than it was.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally if you sit at short full tables they are very juicy.

I regularly find 3-4 10 handed games with vpip > 30 of 15/30 full.

[/ QUOTE ]

But these games fill fast usually do they not? Whenever my 15 tables got short it seemed like they would fill up right away again if you just stuck around for 10 minutes or so.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15/30 full is not the game that it was 6 months. Not even close. It's still beatable and a good game but relatively speaking it's much harder than it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very surprising, since I still regularly find decent tables. I'm sad that I missed out on the free money [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

But these games fill fast usually do they not? Whenever my 15 tables got short it seemed like they would fill up right away again if you just stuck around for 10 minutes or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

They fill up fast but the horrible players stay in so I do too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very surprising, since I still regularly find decent tables. I'm sad that I missed out on the free money [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They fill up fast but the horrible players stay in so I do too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya.

I moved down to 10/20 for strategic reasons and so far I like it. I knew that I could learn things playing 10/20-6max that I couldn't learn as fast or effectively at 15 or 20 full. I am not sure what is most profitable for me though. I want to be in the 30 game for ego reasons though.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Sample 20/40 hand.

[ QUOTE ]
if you duck a checkraise from 2 unpaired hearts, you saved yourself 2/3 of the pot. people don't need an A or a pair, or even a draw to call that flop. it's amazing but it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're slowly starting to convince me, except that I think it's still worth it to try get that 2 or 3 to fold when the two scariest overs are both on the board. And the tenor of the game is such that a bluff with couple of hearts in this situation is more likely to occur through a flop or turn donkbet (most likely, flop). Probably not a turn checkraise with both the A and K out there.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:38 PM

I have seem him a lot at 10/20 and I don't know if he ever plays 20/40 (he should), but STOXFRAUD is really good. I am fairly certain he, at one point, had 15 tackles for a loss and was all-county.