Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Help me decide if I should make a deadline trade in FF?!?!

QB P. Manning

WR P. Burress

WR J. Porter

RB T. Barber

RB L. Johnson

TE H. Miller

W/R S. Davis

BN A. Bryant

BN T. Bell

BN L. Smith

BN C. Benson

BN Ro. Williams

BN B. Johnson

This is my current team. What I was wondering is should I now trade away Tatum Bell that Larry Johnson will be starting? I think it is pretty clear that I should try and get a solid WR for him but let me know if you think something different. Should I maybe offer Larry Johnson instead and hope to get a stud WR in return and then just start T. Bell everyweek, or just save T. Bell on the bench in case of injuries? I have no clue what to do and help with be appreciated.

PS This is my first time playing FF so they is probably a good chance this is a stupid question.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Help me decide if I should make a deadline trade in FF?!?!

If you can get one of the top 10-15 wide receivers for Bell or Davis I would do it. If you can't get anything better than that, you might be able to get someone better than Porter for Benson. I would not trade LJ or Tiki.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 PM

that is a hard one. LJ will get a lot of carries, but if you look at T. Bell's point production, in my league at least, he has been one of the higher scoring RB "each" week (minus week 1-4 when he wasnt even in the rotation).

Coinflip.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:05 PM

Alright I've been offered T.Holt and Kevan Barlow for Larry Johnson (I am thinking about countering and replacing Johnson with T. Bell) and Roy Williams and Ive also been offered Randy Moss for Larry Johnson. Should I accept either of these trades?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 PM

need to know more about your team, but most likely the answer is no you don't want either of those trades

if you can get the fool to swap Johnson and Bell in the deal for Holt, go for it

that would be bad on his part
Old 11-10-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
need to know more about your team, but most likely the answer is no you don't want either of those trades

if you can get the fool to swap Johnson and Bell in the deal for Holt, go for it

that would be bad on his part

[/ QUOTE ]

My team is in the OP
Old 11-10-2005, 05:57 PM

Whatever you do, don't trade LJ. He's probably your best player going forward now. You could look into trying to move S. Davis or T. Bell for a big-time WR or possibly package the two of them for a Top-Flight back on a team with no RB depth. This move would probably help your team more but only works if one of the teams with the top 3-5 RBs is desperate for depth.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, don't trade LJ. He's probably your best player going forward now. You could look into trying to move S. Davis or T. Bell for a big-time WR or possibly package the two of them for a Top-Flight back on a team with no RB depth. This move would probably help your team more but only works if one of the teams with the top 3-5 RBs is desperate for depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

The team who has Alexander is perfect for this. Should I offer him T Bell and S Davis for S. Alexander. Is this a fair trade offer? He is in need of depth at RB as he drafted Deuce and Holmes.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 PM

If you had Manning, Alexander, LJ and Tiki starting it probably wouldn't matter what receivers you had.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 PM

I like your team going into the playoffs. I wouldnt trade LJ either. Hes going to be a top 5 back from now on. If you can get something for Davis or Benson I would go for a top WR other than that I wouldnt do anything radical.