Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Air Force coach\'s racial comments

[ QUOTE ]
And, oh by the way, he hasn't accomplished half of what McNabb has in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. You can't be that stupid.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That isn't what he said. He simply said the McNabb was overrated. He was overrated because the NFL/media wanted a black QB to hype. If he had been a white qb he would have never recieved the hype that he has. Probably some truth to it. Although McNabb has proven to be pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. McNabb is more arguably overrated now than then. Then, he had a WR corps that is barely in the NFL anymore and a nonexistant running game. Yet, he carried them to 3 straight NFC Championship games despite that.

2. The NFL had plenty of black QB's to hype at the time. McNair had just gone to a Super Bowl and was on one of the leagues perennial top teams. Duante Culpepper was on a team that just went 15-1 and had one of the leagues most glamorous offenses. The idea that they lacked or needed a QB to hype is ignorant, at best.

3. I love accusations that claim "the media" is doing something. If Rush (or anyone) wants to make that statement, that "the media" has a systematic agenda, then make direct accusations. List specific media members and cite specific instances. He didn't, and couldn't. That's why he justifiably got buried. That crap works on a radio show where you are supposed to incite and throw out baseless accusations. It does not fly when you are on a national media outlet supposedly giving objective analysis.

4. If he had been a white QB, he would have likely gotten MORE hype. Can you imagine a scrambling, rocket armed white QB that leads a totally talentless offense to the Conference Championship game 3 years in a row?? Jesus, look at the hype the white-idol Manning gets, and he has Hall of Famers surrounding him instead of Duce Staley, James Thrash and Todd Pinkston. And, oh by the way, he hasn't accomplished half of what McNabb has in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2005, 11:55 AM

perfectly in line with your MO
Old 11-03-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perfectly in line with your MO

[/ QUOTE ]

The "point out someone is not only misstating the facts, but making little sense even with those misstated facts in his corner" MO?

Don't worry, I wouldn't try to respond either if I were you.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. McNabb is more arguably overrated now than then. Then, he had a WR corps that is barely in the NFL anymore and a nonexistant running game. Yet, he carried them to 3 straight NFC Championship games despite that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know in what years the Eagles had no running game. You mean 2003, where they ran for 2015 yards at 4.8 yards per carry? Or 2002, where they ran for 2220 yards at 4.5 yards per carry? Their worst season was *last year* (1639 yards at 4.5 ypc), but Brian Westbrook managed 703 yards receiving, mostly from short passes that are an extension of the Andy Reid running game.

Not that I disagree with your overall statement.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Top 200 sprinters

This came up on a strength & conditioning website I post on. One poster pointed out that, of the top 200 sprinters in the world, 4 are white. There's one Asian.

The guy could have put it a little more delicately, but the truthfulness of his statement can't be argued. The stopwatch isn't racist.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Top 200 sprinters

[ QUOTE ]
This came up on a strength & conditioning website I post on. One poster pointed out that, of the top 200 sprinters in the world, 4 are white. There's one Asian.

The guy could have put it a little more delicately, but the truthfulness of his statement can't be argued. The stopwatch isn't racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it a white watch?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:53 PM

No more along the lines of

Trying to present your opinion as fact and changing the subject when confronted with facts that prove you opinion wrong. All of this while maintaining a holy than thou attitude that assumes your vast superiority and the utter stupidity of all those around you based soley on the vigor in which you state your ill-conceived point. Then throw in a Manning insult.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he had been a white QB, he would have likely gotten MORE hype. Can you imagine a scrambling, rocket armed white QB that leads a totally talentless offense to the Conference Championship game 3 years in a row??

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet he'd look a little like John Elway. Hey, that guy's pretty popular.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No more along the lines of

Trying to present your opinion as fact

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was what you were doing.

[ QUOTE ]
and changing the subject when confronted with facts that prove you opinion wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't previously posted in this thread. So I'd love to know how my opinion had been proven wrong when I hadn't posted my opinion or been involved in any subject which might need changing.

[ QUOTE ]
All of this while maintaining a holy than thou attitude that assumes your vast superiority and the utter stupidity of all those around you

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is easy to do in response to one whose whole argument is that "the media", some nebulous uniform entity, has some sort of agenda - all without substantiation of any type of course.

[ QUOTE ]
based soley on the vigor in which you state your ill-conceived point. Then throw in a Manning insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to state how it was ill conceived.

Manning insults will work until he wins a title. And considering McNabb has been to twice the conference championship games and infinitely more super bowls, there's not much Manning fans can do except whine that I'm picking on him. Even Marino got to a super bowl. Manning can't even do that with his stellar performances vs NE the last two years. 4 picks in one game and 3 points in the next. Outstanding.