Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Fact or Fiction?

A world class SNG player could sustain a positive ROI in $10 SNG's without looking at his cards, provided his opponents didn't know he was doing it.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Fact or Fiction?

Fiction, because there are a lot of callingstations and you have to show the best hand more often.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A world class SNG player could sustain a positive ROI in $10 SNG's without looking at his cards, provided his opponents didn't know he was doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already tried by Irieguy a few months ago....PM him for results....I think he was beating them (over a small sample)
but gave-up the experiment due to boredom and $/hr. probs
Old 12-27-2005, 01:07 PM

I've never googled a blog - but I know Fishman plays this way for practice...he'll take the tape off 3 handed or heads up.

As far as his ROI...I got no idea.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:18 PM

I think I'll give it a shot. For the past week, I've been losing all-ins at a rate of about 9:1, so not looking at my cards couldn't possibly be any worse.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a better question if a world class SNG player could do this at HIGH LIMIT SnG table? (Honestly - don't think it coudl be done a $10 now that I think about...)
Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a better question if a world class SNG player could do this at HIGH LIMIT SnG table? (Honestly - don't think it coudl be done a $10 now that I think about...)

[/ QUOTE ]
No. If it can be done, it would only be possible at low stakes. High stakes players don't make enough mistakes. Whereas in a $11, he'll be folding his first 30-40 hands and the other players will be calling all ins with inside straight draws. It will be 6-7 handed by the time he starts playing, which is the only reason he might have a shot at this.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. If it can be done, it would only be possible at low stakes. High stakes players don't make enough mistakes. Whereas in a $11, he'll be folding his first 30-40 hands and the other players will be calling all ins with inside straight draws. It will be 6-7 handed by the time he starts playing, which is the only reason he might have a shot at this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:44 PM

Could also steal some limped or heads-up pots on the flop in position depending on the characteristics of the opponents and the flop texture. And add in some resteals and PVS-type moves starting when the blinds are 25-50ish. I really think this is possible, and a friend told me I was crazy.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:53 PM

Definitely fact.

I'm far from world class but I've played enough 11s to think that I'd at least have a chance to do this.

In fact, if there were some way to verify results (but I suppose there's not), I'd be up for a challenge.