Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Online NL Hold\'em Book

I have been playing poker for the past 20 months. I read Lee Jones "how to win low limit hold'em" 14 months ago. I started playing NL $25. I mostly played strong hands only also suggested by Phil Helmuth "play poker like a pro". However, I still tend to play the same way on NL $100, play with strong hands and fold small hands "no skill whatsoever". I usually try doubled up or lost all my chips with AA or KK...and fold on flop with small pocket pairs and second pairs...and over bet straights and sets if there are possible flushes draw. I just started reading "The Theory of Poker". I need a reccomendation for an Online NL $100-$300 Hold'em book, which to help me read bets and bluffs...etc Thank You very much guys!
Old 03-03-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Online NL Hold\'em Book

I haven't seen any online books for NL. But I would look at Super System II doyles got a good section on NL. I would also look at Harrington's Hold 'Em book. Yea its for tourneys but alot of the practices there are good for ring games.

read this board alot. The PotLimi & NoLimit sections have a lot of good information..

But as far as reading hands its not much different than in Limit. You want to keep track of what they bet and when. You use this information with what the user's persona appears to be (as he only shown down top hands when he raised before the flop etc..). And don't forget to use your odds. DOn't chase down flush draws, for example, if the pot is only laying you 2:1 odds, you don't want to go chasing very often in NL you can get killed.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need a reccomendation for an Online NL $100-$300 Hold'em book

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how to answer this question as most 100-300 games play pretty easy unless the stacks get very deep. If you want a good recomendation for a potlimit/nolimit book in general, there is none better than Pot Limit and No Limit Poker by Stewart Reuben, Bob Ciaffone.

-Brad
Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 PM

is it true that Super System2 NL section is 100% equal to Super System I?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it true that Super System2 NL section is 100% equal to Super System I?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. he eliminated all that ridiculous bold-faced emphasis for II.