Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I have several essential cell phone calls that I need to make during any given commute.
False 12 80.00%
True 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Dan Shaughnessy/Boston Globe Article.........

[ QUOTE ]
It's honestly disgusting what Shaughnessy has done. He's now taking Theo's side after doing the best he could to drive him out of Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.....he is s self-aggrandizing 'piece of work'.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Johnny Damon signs with Yankees

[ QUOTE ]
both Brian Cashman and Theo Epstein were essentially ‘free agent’ general managers. Who signed and who didn’t, and more importantly.....WHY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel Sherman (NY Post writer) was on sports radio in Boston today, saying that Cashman signing & Theo leaving was the most important difference between the teams this year.

I agree, although some maintain that Theo really hasn't left.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
both Brian Cashman and Theo Epstein were essentially ‘free agent’ general managers. Who signed and who didn’t, and more importantly.....WHY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel Sherman (NY Post writer) was on sports radio in Boston today, saying that Cashman signing & Theo leaving was the most important difference between the teams this year.

I agree, although some maintain that Theo really hasn't left.

[/ QUOTE ]

....It remains to be seen.

I do have a small 'insight window' into the Sox, but nowhere near enough to fully understand what the 'real' thinking is at the various different levels of management.

In these types of matters, sometimes perception is more important than reality, and it gets even more confusing when there are differing 'realities' based upon what level of management one talks to........AND it's damned near impossible to know where you are when the perception of those realities is interpreted in a different manner by those involved in the decision making.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And, by the way: The NSA kind of technology is mostly useless against the low-tech threat that is Qaeda and its branches. Bear that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure how I feel about this. I dont follow baseball as closely as many in here, but my perception is that Arroyo has been very solid for the Red Sox. Is it worth getting an awesome CF to give this guy up? I have no opinion to be honest, just trying to see what the better informed think about the prospect of some deal revolving around a reed for arroyo.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And, by the way: The NSA kind of technology is mostly useless against the low-tech threat that is Qaeda and its branches. Bear that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure how I feel about this. I dont follow baseball as closely as many in here, but my perception is that Arroyo has been very solid for the Red Sox. Is it worth getting an awesome CF to give this guy up? I have no opinion to be honest, just trying to see what the better informed think about the prospect of some deal revolving around a reed for arroyo.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO...it all depends.

One can easily make the case that the Sox have an excess of starting pitching after their latest signing, BUT.....it's probably much more prudent to wait for spring training to see how it all shakes out.

We really don't know yet how well Schilling is going to be able to rebound. If he rounds back into his old form, then the Sox have two legitimate #1 starters.....maybe.

That might make Arroyo expendable.

Personaly, I wouldn't want to see him go, as his stuff is excellent, and he has (IMO) a significant upside. The Sox have a history of giving up on pitchers too early.

Again....let's see what happens.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:33 AM

I really don't want to get rid of Arroyo. I'd rather just flip out of Beckett.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure how I feel about this. I dont follow baseball as closely as many in here

[/ QUOTE ]

The NSA is getting into baseball? That's news to me too.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure how I feel about this. I dont follow baseball as closely as many in here

[/ QUOTE ]

The NSA is getting into baseball? That's news to me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, how did the NSA get into this thread?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:08 AM

Good lord, my apologies. Had a cut and paste foul-up with a Politics post. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 AM

uh, yeah, i was joking with all my posts last night. i thought with the "deal worth 5.2 million" and how "damon will be very tradable in 2 years" statements it would be obvious, but apparently everyone is now either great at playing along or really not giving my intelligence the benefit of the doubt. plus the whole IM convo pdirty posted.

the deal sucks.