Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Be careful at the doctor\'s office!

Those things show pics of people's pooped out casts of the inside of their guts, because there is clay in the powders and tablets that sets into those long creepy looking casts.

I did try an anti-worm pill from one of the most known ones called Paramil, and what do you know, for the first time in my life, I shat out a real live wriggly worm dancing around my toilet bowl. It was a small one, tiny, but that was good enough for me to be glad I bought the product. For what it's worth, I used to have much greater problems with pooping, bloating, irregularity, and such before I took it, probably because of the worms, and now I generally feel far better.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, your laxative story reminds me of those "colon-cleasing" products you can find advertised on shady websites and off-hours radio. Do you know if you pooped any long, worm-like parasites? I saw them on the Discovery channel, and I've always wondered if I have them and/or if it's worth trying to get rid of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a thread on this, with pics. You can search for it yourself, though... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 12:22 AM

I had become aware of the cast-worm-lookalke explanation, but then later saw the Discovery channel thing, and subsequently didn't know what to think with regards to parasites.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:49 AM

This brings to mind the song "welcome to my life". As a Crohn's patient I know exactly what you went through, only I go through it on a regular basis. I try and keep my complaining to a minimum and always have a smile on my face when in public, but what you went through is only a small portion of my world.

It's no fun, just be glad that you aren't in this boat
Old 12-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
And you've never had your ego bruised until you've been told that you can't even poop yourself empty right.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my favorite part!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:10 AM

Parasites can be real enough. But those places trying to sell you what is basically the standard psyllium husks dressed up with clay to make casts of your colon aren't it. Those places all show the same photos, and they're all casts of your colon. Think about it .. they have customer testimony of people shatting out huge things on a DAILY basis. Things confirmed as no life form by the way, coincidentally enough, eh? Do you really think your guts could hold these gigantic life forms in you by apparently the dozens since you're squeezing them out every day without your ever knowing about it until you got the miracle product? The things in those picture are huge and people say they're pumping them out day after day.

They weren't in there until you started eating the clay. The clay is what puts them in there in the first place.

That doesn't mean you don't or can't have worms. The Paramil I got worked and helped me get some out. But that's different from the stuff claiming you really have all these tinkertoys and erector sets up your butt that only their pill is discovering and can get out. It's only their pill that is putting them in there in the first place.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:14 AM

awesome trip report
just brilliant, whether you intended it to be or not
Old 12-21-2005, 01:22 AM

I see. You were cross-posting about someone else's experience. Fair enough.

Not undergoing the procedure at all is very much -EV. Apart from not smoking (or quitting if you currently smoke), getting a colonoscopy is probably the biggest impact you can have on avoiding dying of cancer. (The impact is much much greater than mammograms for women.) Colon cancer is bad if you don't catch it early but very treatable if you do. The cancer tends to grow slowly enough that you have years in order to catch it (but doesn't tend to cause symptoms until late). If you don't have any family history of colon cancer, your doc won't be harping on you to get one until you are 50 years old or so. If that is clean, you won't need another for 10 years (although some argue for repeating them every 5 years).
Old 12-21-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those things show pics of people's pooped out casts of the inside of their guts, because there is clay in the powders and tablets that sets into those long creepy looking casts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on.

[ QUOTE ]
I did try an anti-worm pill from one of the most known ones called Paramil,

[/ QUOTE ]
Link please? Is this the right spelling? I thought I was up-to-date on this stuff.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:45 AM

That magnesium citrate is indeed very powerful stuff. I took it once with similiar results, couldn't even believe it. I remembered Judge Reinhold from Beverly Hills Cop 2 (+/- 1) telling the other guy, "Did you know the average man has five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels?" Not anymore!!!

Awesome post. I haven't been able to sit comfortably since reading it, though.