Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Grand Tournament V

I honestly don't really think you needed to make such a play you were about 50% above average i think?? In weak field tournaments such as this one with a big stack, I like to show strength in pots where no strength has been shown. I wouldnt risk my whole tournament hoping a guy is smart enough to fold an overpair.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:00 AM

it was the correctg play if he put him on the overs, but I also don't think i could do that with someone covering me in chips. gutsy.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:02 AM

If anyone cares its a helluva heads up match.
Both joe sod and finnicks have around 3 mil in chips. Finnicks got disconnected (pokerroom kcicks ass) and they are goin nuts trying to make a deal. I mean it was unreal. who gets disc. at the FT where there is a 60k ish diff. between first and second? THis is a good question for the pschycology section. The chatroom was goin nuts cause joesod obviously raised everytime it was his SB, so Finnicks would be check folded. He offered when finnicks go baclk to transfer whatever the amount was back, but finnicks said he couldn't trust him. where the hell are the mods for this case?

also, the game just started back up and sod said he would fold a few hands, thjat it was "sportsmanship". unreal.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:07 AM

god that was so [censored] cheap, picked up over 1mill chips during that whole disconnect thing and then appologizes, granted i wouldnt done the same thing, but y appologize like hes really sorry?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:11 AM

nvm disregard last post, he folded back to him about 500k cuz he felt bad... some1 wants a good online profile
Old 12-18-2005, 05:12 AM

im makin a poll for the psych forum and here. and sod gave back some of that money.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:15 AM

My initial read of fiinicks was that he was a bit of a fish. He seemed to be a push bot. I could count on him to overbet any hand I played with him. Also, he pushed A8o with about 10BBs from the SB vs a CO raise when he had basically no fold equity. He also pushed a much larger stack with K2s in the SB vs a MP raise. This time he did have FE, but.... I don't know. Not the worst plays, I guess. He has balls.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:16 AM

I didn't like that either...he lost well over 1 million chips. Seems like you could either stall or just fold every other hand to keep it even until he got back.