Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM

Default SNGPT Question

Do I only need to type in people who act after me? Does the EV change because people have folded before me? Why or why not?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: SNGPT Question

No, you need to type in everyone. Yes, it does change because they can no longer affect the outcome of the hand, and their chips cannot be won or lost by anyone. Lotsa reasons.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I only need to type in people who act after me? Does the EV change because people have folded before me? Why or why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing to note is that you can read in from a hand history file from Party or Stars; this can save a lot of time.

If you are entering hands from 2+2 or some other source, then yes, you have to put in everyone's chip count.

Say you're on the bubble, have the button, and UTG folds with blinds 100/200. You with 1500 chips have the decision to push into SB and BB who have you covered. Do you think it matters if the guy UTG who already folded has 5 chips or 5000? You bet it does. It matters a lot. If he has 5 chips you're almost guaranteed the money by just folding, if he has 5000 you need to pick up chips to make the money. SnG Power Tools accounts for this effect, so it needs to know who has how many chips.

eastbay
Old 12-17-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First thing to note is that you can read in from a hand history file from Party or Stars; this can save a lot of time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you read in a hand that is red in the tournament history? (Suppose, for instance, you wanted to adjust the betting or blinds to examine a hypothetic situation based on a real hand.)
Old 12-17-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you read in a hand that is red in the tournament history? (Suppose, for instance, you wanted to adjust the betting or blinds to examine a hypothetic situation based on a real hand.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't think it's a good idea to have the hands be read in "wrong" just so they can be analyzable. That would be pretty confusing.

I may give an option at some point to just read in chip stacks on non-analyzable hands, but it will require a hoop of some kind to prevent confusion.

eastbay
Old 12-17-2005, 07:54 PM

What constitutes a non-analyzable hand?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A hand that wasn't folded to you. Or that doesn't have an opponent pushing into you.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A hand that wasn't folded to you. Or that doesn't have an opponent pushing into you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. So is it safe to assume that ICM is only useful in these two situations?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

im stupid, how do you do this?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:14 PM

No. ICM is useful for all situations - look at the huge bloody maths I did the other day for instance! But SNGPT only handles simple ones. I do wish that eastbay would add at least a 'call a re-raise all-in' option as that's pretty easy, but he hasn't so far.