Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Just another hand in California

I'm in the 15-30 game at the Commerce. I have the button and my favorite hand, 3 players limp to me, I raise, SB folds, BB calls, UTG reraises (here we go!), 2 limpers call, my RHO caps, and we all call.

The flop comes an unexciting (and therefore perfect) J 9 4, rainbow. UTG bets and we all call.

The turn is an offsuit 5, still perfect. UTG bets, one limper and my RHO call, I raise, BB folds, UTG reraises, limper and RHO call, I cap, and all call.

The river is a 7, hmm I don't like it, but it doesn't scare me yet. Checked to my RHO who bets, eek! Well, at least he didn't go for the easy check raise. I think a moment and call, thinking the whole while this is a terrible call, but I have to call, right? Pot size and all that crap. But I've represented a hand like 100 times stronger than what I have, and... anyway, UTG sits there and ponders. I eventually take pity on him and say "Kings no good". He looks at me and throws his black kings face up in the muck. RHO shows the 8... 6?, and a good laugh is had by all. Seriously, I was amused (even after one of the limpers made the dealer turn up my aces). If I could figure out why sometimes I think this stuff is entertaining, and other times I want to stab my eye with a pencil, I think I would be a 100% better player, or at least a 100% happier one (which is the more important of the two, now that I think about it. How sad is that, that I had to think about it? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]).

Hey all of you still in Vegas, I'm passing back through on the final leg of my trip today and tomorrow (maybe Monday too). Look for the late twenties guy (Paul G. on the lists) with thinning dark blonde hair (or a tan "Wisconsin" cap with a green brim) and blue tinted sunglasses, probably losing his ass with big pairs in the 30 game, and say Hi. I'll be without access, so don't bother PM'ing me.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Just another hand in California

Just another runner-runner hand. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]