Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 12:20 AM

Default Gaming Club Guy . . .

Played some on our improved site today. New problem I haven't seen before: The dealer button is not in the right place!! Out of 4 tables played, it was correct on one, 3 seats ahead of where it should have been on another, and somewhere halfway around the table on the other two. It stayed this way for the hour I played. Needless to say this is a serious shortcoming, since you are seldom sure of where you are in the betting sequence!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Gaming Club Guy . . .

[ QUOTE ]

The dealer button is not in the right place!! Out of 4 tables played, it was correct on one, 3 seats ahead of where it should have been on another, and somewhere halfway around the table on the other two. It stayed this way for the hour I played. Needless to say this is a serious shortcoming, since you are seldom sure of where you are in the betting sequence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a question, have you selected a preferred seat? Reason being is that if you've done so, the table is shifted according to where you're sitting. This could explain why the dealer button seems to not be in the correct place.

Have a look and let us know if it still doesn't seem right to you. Please include which tables (game type, limit etc.) you experienced this on.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
Old 11-30-2004, 08:46 AM

Yes, I tried out the "preferred seat" feature (I like it). However, I don't see that this would have any effect on the dealer button being in the wrong place.

By "the dealer button being in the wrong place" I mean in reference to the blinds--dealer button is on one seat and two players several seats away post the blinds. The buttons moved around the tables synchronized with the blinds, only not on the right (dealer's)seat. I watched this phenomenon for an hour----It's not a matter of a fleeting impression or misperception on my part--ie "seemed wrong"--it WAS wrong.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:55 AM

We'll continue to look into it, but we'd like to request that you please furnish us with any information on the tables you were watching/playing, the limits etc. Also, the approximate time you were seeing this would also be helpful.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I tried out the "preferred seat" feature (I like it)

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad you do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 09:36 AM

This problem has not been fixed--apparently it doesn't happen if you do not select the preferred seating option.

I want to use the preferred seating option and have the dealer button be in the right place. What do I have to do???

Please do not tell me to dig up a bunch of hand histories and so forth--this is a systemic glitch that happens all the time!!! Thank you.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes with miniview, the button is never in the right place, some tables I have prefered seats and others not, but it never seems to be in the right place, the red/green highlights do help though. I understand the shifing of the table with prefered seating, but the button should be able to be shifted in front of the correct player(I mean, you moved the names, why cant you move the button?)
Old 12-19-2004, 10:01 AM

You are 100% correct--I should have mentioned that I only use the mini-view--I don't know whether the "lost button" problem also occurs with the larger views.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the information. We've escalated this to Prima and will advise once we have a response from them.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:11 AM

Just an update on this for you Izaak, sorry it's taken so long. We can confirm that this is "seat rotation" related bug and is going to be fixed in the next release of the software which will be in the very near future.

It happens when in the miniview size table and you have preferred seating selected. The blinds are paid by the correct players, however, the dealer button doesn't follow correctly. This is especially evident when playing miniview without selecting preferred seating and then turning it on, as once you move the dealer button will continue to move as it was and not re-adjust according to your seating preference.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just an update on this for you Izaak, sorry it's taken so long. We can confirm that this is "seat rotation" related bug and is going to be fixed in the next release of the software which will be in the very near future.

It happens when in the miniview size table and you have preferred seating selected. The blinds are paid by the correct players, however, the dealer button doesn't follow correctly. This is especially evident when playing miniview without selecting preferred seating and then turning it on, as once you move the dealer button will continue to move as it was and not re-adjust according to your seating preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update. I play using the mini-view (and have expressed in other threads how I really like it) and tried the preferred seat to make things easier when multi-tabling (unfortunately, it seems that the max I can get is 3 tables going due to a lack of players/tables at 2/4 full and the only 3/6 table already being full). I quickly saw that I didn't like the preferred seating, as it was messing up the button and blinds. I felt that the correct players were posting and everything, but it was way too difficult to try figuring out (and remembering) my position and that of the other players. Played with the preferred seating for a few orbits and then quickly turned it off.

Please let us know when this is fixed (the preferred seat working smoothly with the mini view). Personally, I'd rather the option rotate the table so that my seat (regardless of the seat #) is always in the spot I picked. For example, I might be sitting in seat #4 at one table, seat #7 at another, and seat #3 at a third, but on my monitor all 3 seats are in the upper right hand corner of the mini view.