Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Debatable on every street.

No reads on SB here.

Party Poker 15.00/30.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB.

Fire away.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Debatable on every street.

i probably bet/fold the turn, if the 8 didnt pair, id call the river after ive checked turn, i dont know what im doing here tho
Old 10-19-2005, 10:02 PM

Nice hand. PF is a standard steal. Flopping 2 pair is good and should be played fast on a monotone board. Turn check is good because you don't want to be check-raised off a chance to hit a 4-outer for the boat.

River card sucks, since now you lose to K5+. I don't see any hand you're beating. Good fold.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM

Preflop I like. Flop I like.

I bet the turn when he checks to me, intending to call a check/raise and fold the river UI.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn check is good because you don't want to be check-raised off a chance to hit a 4-outer for the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero will have (implied) odds to chase his 4-outer if he's check/raised. That's why I like bet/calling the turn.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:06 PM

PF is fine as long as Button and BB are tight and will step aside.

I'd rather call the flop 3-bet are raise a non-club turn.

The way you played it you must must must bet that turn when SB checks to you. SB has given you chance to take the pot so take it.

Did you give up the pot on the turn or did you fold because the river counterfeited your hand?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine as long as Button and BB are tight and will step aside.

I'd rather call the flop 3-bet are raise a non-club turn.

The way you played it you must must must bet that turn when SB checks to you. SB has given you chance to take the pot so take it.

Did you give up the pot on the turn or did you fold because the river counterfeited your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think SB is checking to me on the turn a large portion of the time and looking c/r a fair amount as well. My thinking (which maybe off) was that I just want to get to showdown cheaply and I'm really not worried about protecting my hand here. Do you think SB will ever fold a better hand on the turn? Or is a turn bet to fold a hand that does have outs?

My plan was to call a bet on the river and then one of worst cards in the deck peeled off.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:20 PM

I think villain will not have a club and will fold 1 in 7.5 times when you bet the turn. Even he you get CR'd you still have odds to draw like Harv noted.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn check is good because you don't want to be check-raised off a chance to hit a 4-outer for the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero will have (implied) odds to chase his 4-outer if he's check/raised. That's why I like bet/calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually change my answer to bet call, wasnt paying attention to the size of the pot
Old 10-19-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think villain will not have a club and will fold 1 in 7.5 times when you bet the turn. Even he you get CR'd you still have odds to draw like Harv noted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to think bet/call is the way to go on this turn. Villian actually has a fair amount of outs against us as well which is even more of a reason a bet should be put in on the turn (AK for example has 5 clean outs and 4.5 chopping outs and AA has even more).