Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 07:37 PM

Default 6-max 5/10 NL heads up hand, what\'s your river play and why?

Your river play and why?

If bet, how much?
Check-raise?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

UTG ($1545.74)
MP ($735)
Button ($1526)
Hero ($1341.50)
BB ($1013)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $30</font>, BB calls $25.

Flop: ($70) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, BB calls $60.

Turn: ($190) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $275</font>, Hero calls $175.

River: ($740) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???
Old 09-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: 6-max 5/10 NL heads up hand, what\'s your river play and why?

Check call, or check raise allin if hes LAG. I cant see him checking behind becuase it would be hard for him to put you on the 8. I like CR allin the best
Old 09-11-2005, 12:29 AM

You gotta reraise turn if you like money and easy decisions.

I'd push river because many worse hands will call.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:02 AM

reraise turn?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraise turn? I'm with AZK, what's your logic here? Stacks are too big to just push because fold equity is probably not high, and we want to draw to our open-end straight.

Or is this one of those "we have so many outs that we might as well push and the fold equity will make it +EV in the end" dealies.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraise turn? I'm with AZK, what's your logic here? Stacks are too big to just push because fold equity is probably not high, and we want to draw to our open-end straight.

Or is this one of those "we have so many outs that we might as well push and the fold equity will make it +EV in the end" dealies.

[/ QUOTE ]
more like I should stop 2+2ing after 2 am because I read pair+oesd's as straights.

I'd still push river though.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:40 AM

I'd probably be inclined here to make a medium sized blocking bet. Expect to see TT or the likes here. You probably win this hand more than lose it, so pushing isn't that bad either [/drunk]
Old 09-11-2005, 04:47 AM

prob check/call river. He may have been making his stand on turn, planning to be done. Your river check may bring him back to life. If you bet, not a lot calls you that you beat.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:35 AM

all-in. many two pair hands will call, looks a lot like missed draw... KT def. calls i think, um probably AK, etc. in reality if KT calls then so should any pair (bluff or not bluff), but many people don't think that way, so the range of hands that call just depends on how "good" of a player villain is, like if he likes to make big calls. i'd prob push though, i don't think i'm gonna lay it down and given that i don't want him getting off cheap.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
prob check/call river. He may have been making his stand on turn, planning to be done. Your river check may bring him back to life. If you bet, not a lot calls you that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, i like check/call here. if you bet out and he raises you're in a tough pos. there is a possibility of a straight or even a set. if he was making a stand on the turn then he will only fold to your river bet and call you when you are beat. i doubt he can call with 2 pair given the 8's paired up.

If you check, he might try to take it with a bluff. If he has you beat at least you werent all in right. so for the sake of losing the least and winning the most, check/call seems like the only play.