Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Hand 52 and hand 58

- - - HAND 52 - - -

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T, A.
1 fold, MICROPOSTER raises, 1 fold, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 6, T, K (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, Button raises, MICROPOSTER calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) J (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, Button bets, MICROPOSTER calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 7 (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, Button bets, MICROPOSTER calls.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

I'm not sure I like this hand. I like the flop bet, but why call down with 3rd pair? I could see with a read that villain overplays overs/flush draws, but I've seen most of the hands played differently.

- - - HAND 58 - - -

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, A.
2 folds, MICROPOSTER raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, MICROPOSTER caps, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5, 5, 3 (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, MICROPOSTER calls, SB raises, BB calls, MICROPOSTER calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2 (3 players)
SB bets, BB calls, MICROPOSTER calls.

River: (12 BB) 5 (3 players)
SB bets, BB folds, MICROPOSTER calls.

This one worried me too. A high, with a sneaky SB? I'd be inclined to fold this on the river and expect SB to show 10 10 or something.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Hand 52 and hand 58

I think you need to go back and put in the suits of the cards, it can make a huge difference on how the hand was played out
Old 08-25-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to go back and put in the suits of the cards, it can make a huge difference on how the hand was played out

[/ QUOTE ]

first flop rainbow to MP's A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

second flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to MP's K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 11:39 AM

RE: Hand 52. Flop bet and call are standard. On the turn, I picked up a possible 4 extra outs, so I thought it was a very close call getting 5.66 to 1. River was sort of a feel call... the timing of the bet was odd. Thought I better call it. I only need to be good 14% of the time to make it correct.

Hand 58: I don't like my river call much either... although I think it's close getting 13:1.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RE: Hand 52. Flop bet and call are standard. On the turn, I picked up a possible 4 extra outs, so I thought it was a very close call getting 5.66 to 1. River was sort of a feel call... the timing of the bet was odd. Thought I better call it. I only need to be good 14% of the time to make it correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have any reads on this one? I'm curious as to what kind of player you would call with this hand. I don't play 6 max, but I liked reading this session.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have any reads on this one? I'm curious as to what kind of player you would call with this hand. I don't play 6 max, but I liked reading this session.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only read was the general read that he doesn't have to have a K to raise the flop here. He could be on a straight draw, have a T with a worse kicker, a 6, a low PP, or he could be on air.

Flop and turn really are standard in this game... you are ahead too great a % of time to give up that early. I think the river is debateable though. With a read, easy call.

And I picked up a read after playing the hand [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My only read was the general read that he doesn't have to have a K to raise the flop here. He could be on a straight draw, have a T with a worse kicker, a 6, a low PP, or he could be on air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is what I don't understand. If he doesn't have to have a K to raise, why not 3-bet this flop? Is that something you would do if you weren't OOP? Or is it the cap we fear? I'm trying to figure out where my over aggressiveness is.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess this is what I don't understand. If he doesn't have to have a K to raise, why not 3-bet this flop? Is that something you would do if you weren't OOP? Or is it the cap we fear? I'm trying to figure out where my over aggressiveness is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple reasons, IMO.

If he's on air or a really marginal hand, let him keep bluffing. A 3-bet will often shut him down or make him fold.

Other times, you are behind, and are putting in extra bets with the worst of it.

I've got outs, I could be ahead... I just call and let him bet the hand for me. If he checks the turn, I'll bet the river.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's on air or a really marginal hand, let him keep bluffing. A 3-bet will often shut him down or make him fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, you really don't have a strong enough hand here to risk a free card. A hand like QJ has 13 outs against you. If you call the flop raise you should be bet/folding the turn. Or 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. This is an Ahead/Way Behind situation.

[ QUOTE ]
If he checks the turn, I'll bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he'll fold a draw after taking the free card.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you call the flop raise you should be bet/folding the turn. Or 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate both these lines, to be honest.

3-betting the flop is spewing, IMO. You aren't ahead often enough.

And why on earth would you bet/fold the turn with 9 potential outs?