Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Negreanu challenges\' chip values?

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean to come off like I was berating you. I just get annoyed with all the retards that I happen to play with who say to me that I don't tip enough. I actually used to deal a couple of home games when I was in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's all good man, i was just repeating that farha story i heard many times from various dealers at bellagio last time i was there

i think it's a pretty funny story actually, in my mind that's totally farha-like
Old 07-19-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the $1 chips are for tipping. Hope that helps. although I played a tournament at the O'rleans once with Daniel and he tipped the cocktail watresses with $100's so i'm not sure.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

there were at least 50 people crowded on the rail when he was playing that no-name guy in PLHE. the crowd was 5 feet from daniel and he sat there and ate a 5 course meal like he was home in front of the TV. he had lower denom chips on his right that were for tokes only.

i really wanted to ask for a bite of some spring rolls he had. btw, i could never eat a meal like that with a huge crowd hanging over me. however, the dude he was playing was popping up every other hand to drag off the eternal cig he had lit in an ashtray on the brush's stand behind him. funny how quickly the non-smoking rule is tossed when someone brings $500k for a game.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... to prove the point that sammy farha is relatively cheaper than daniel N

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, what? a 30k pot (less than 4 big bets in Daniel's big matches) was a $50 tip.

Daniel tips reds ($5), greens ($25) and blacks ($100) for his pots (or maybe once per down, we really don't know).

This certainly implies that the standard tip isn't $100...it's less. a $30,000 pot would be a small pot in that game (small to medium), so I think it's safe to assume that Danny would tip reds/greens there. Probably something in the neighborhood of $50 OR LESS.

What point were you proving again?

Josh
Old 07-19-2005, 08:46 PM

i was watching them at Wynn--Barry greenstein and Negreanu that is....they used 5k chips and 1k chips...i think they had a few 500 chips in there too.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They use $1K and $5K chips for the betting that I saw, but each of them had a stack of the large $25k chips as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, but $5,000 chips are also "large" .
Old 07-19-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... to prove the point that sammy farha is relatively cheaper than daniel N

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, what? a 30k pot (less than 4 big bets in Daniel's big matches) was a $50 tip.

Daniel tips reds ($5), greens ($25) and blacks ($100) for his pots (or maybe once per down, we really don't know).

This certainly implies that the standard tip isn't $100...it's less. a $30,000 pot would be a small pot in that game (small to medium), so I think it's safe to assume that Danny would tip reds/greens there. Probably something in the neighborhood of $50 OR LESS.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I've watched Daniel has been tipping a green chip at the end of each down.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
negreanu usually tips a dealer 25 dollars everytime the dealer is finished with his 30 minute shift, and cocktail waitresses around 5 dollars a drink. never saw the blacks for a tip.

i heard negreanu is also bankrolled 5m for these tournaments from the wynn. anyone know if that's correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is 100% incorrect as Daniel has said (even on here) many many times.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he is gonna deny it. everything doesnt add up correctly in my opinion. Wynn is advertising in card player magazine for crying outloud about the Negreanu matches. my instincts are telling me something is up.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

that there are tons of confrontational, and obviously sexually frustrated, douchenozzles on 2+2. thanks for your assistance.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

that there are tons of confrontational, and obviously sexually frustrated, douchenozzles on 2+2. thanks for your assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you; this is the first 2+2 post that I've read that's actually made me laugh out loud.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:54 PM

I think douchenozzle may be my new favorite word.

And while you certainly are confrontational, I don't hold it against you for being completely wrong.