Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Well?
Zero - I am too busy doing normal activities 9 20.93%
One - I was curious 16 37.21%
Two or More - I have not had sex in a really long time 18 41.86%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: This has probably been answered many times by now but

Get them both?
I'd vote HOH, b/c he gives a lot of detail and has a lot of focus. OTOH, SS2 is definitely worth owning. The 7cs hi/lo section and the omaha hi/lo section are very well done.
I haven't read the 3x draw lowball section, b/c I have never played that game, but it is supposed to be excellent.

Also, the limit hold em section is definitely worth a read.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 PM

Both are fantastic, but SS2 has some advice from Negreanu and Harman that is really good. Jennifer is hot and smart (WHAT A COMBO!). And also I got a feeling that Doyle would be behind and i wanted to throw SS2 a bone 8) [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 01:05 AM

lol. Is your sole purpose on the books forum to tell people that they need to use the search function?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. Is your sole purpose on the books forum to tell people that they need to use the search function?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I do a lot of reading/lurking here as I do on a lot of 2+2 forums. But most of my posts here are as you described.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:47 AM

I generally care little for thread titles that are not highly descriptive and as specific as possible in describing the content therein. I like to be able to tell at a glance if it's a subject I might want to learn more about, or one to which I might be able to contribute. As a matter of fact, I downright dislike amorphous subjects. Case in point would be this thread title. It is about as non-descript and unspecific as one can get.

But somehow I find myself drawn to open these nebulous tomes, curious to see what ambiguity resides inside. Perhaps the writers of these inchoate titles purposely utilize this tendency of curiosity that some people have to entice them, to tease them, to make them wonder what they would miss if they didn't open the thread and take a peek inside.

When I find the subject is something I know little or nothing about, or at least not enough to warrant a response on it's own merits, I often invest a bit more of my time and make a response. I'll respond with something, ...anything. Just a mark to show I was there. After all, if the OP doesn't care enough for the reader’s time to make it clear what they will be getting into, why should any readers care enough for his time to worry whether or not their responses will be of any value to him?

If I can't address the question, perhaps I'll address the way the question was asked. I can usually find some detail to ask for clarification about. Or I might know enough about some aspect of the topic or some related element that I can find something to comment on.

Occasionally, ...rarely, ...but it sometimes happens, the opening post may leave me so devoid of any idea on how to answer it that hasn't been adequately covered already that I must then find, like I did herein, another's response to which I can add something.

TomBk