Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2003, 03:39 AM

Default San Bernadino Area Recommendations?

A friend of mine and former regular in our home game has relocated to Redlands, and she has yet to get her own home game going. I consider her a well above average unread beginner. She's taken quite a bit of my money at no-limit and I don't think she'd have any trouble beating most 2-4 or even weekend 5-10 games, at least in the long run.

Is there any place nearby (in other words, much closer than Vegas) you'd recommend to someone in that area who has never before played real B&M poker? I'd say friendliness to newbies, low-limit table selection, and table wait times are at least as important as number and type of fish. Low buy-in no-limit games and tournaments would be a plus.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:39 PM

Default Re: San Bernadino Area Recommendations?

If you are in Redlands, there is San Manuel it is in Highland, hwy 30 exit Highland AVE(the first one if you are coming from the east 2nd from the west. It is not far and they spread 2-4 up to 9-18.

You could trravel to the Palm Springs area to play at Morongo or Agua Caliente( a little farther) down the 15 on the way to San Diego, there is Lake Elsinore(small room 3-6 kill smallest game spread that I have ever seen there) then Pechanga is in Temecula, and they have 2-4 up to 8-16 this is probably the friendliest place that I have found to play(IMO).

Outside of that, you could drive the rest of the way to SD or into LA county(Hawaiian Gardens, Bike, Commerce, Hollywood Park Hustler, etc.) You should definitely look at SM its in your backyard, and they have a fairly large room for poker.

tobdog