Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Go on a killing spree 33 44.00%
Move to a state that allows it 34 45.33%
Quit 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 PM

Default How\'s your SSNLHE?: 22

Well, haven't done one of these in awhile. I took a short hiatus from poker while on a vacation, and when I came back I started playing more MTT's, with SSNL cash games going on in the background. I've been running very well in the MTT's, but suffering death by a thousand cuts in the cash games. I was running well in cash games when I was doing these so maybe doing one will help me to turn the corner. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've heard from a pollmaker on another forum that the last update fixed the problem we had with questions coming up in a random order. I will number the questions just in case, so do them in order 1-6. As always, comments and discussion are welcome. I think this hand is a common situation, and I would like to hear ideas as to how to play it better. Play along in the hand, take the quiz as you go.

.50/$1 NLHE 6-max Hero has $100 and Villian covers.

Reads on villian who is the BB in this hand: Villian has Hero slightly perplexed. You noted 4 hands he played when he first sat down and started licking your chops. He PFR'd UTG with K7s and Q9o. He limped UTG with J3s. And he called a standard PFR from CO with 95s. These hands took place in the first 15 minutes he was at the table. However, in the last half hour he seems to be playing pretty solid ABC poker. Nothing crazy pre or post flop. You note he continuation bets always. Here's how the hand starts:

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
4 folds, Action is on Hero....