Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Stars $16 Turbo Bubble. Big stacks get it all in on the flop.

PokerStars $16 Turbo Blinds 100/200 25 ante

Villian(3955 in chips) UTG
Hero (4640 in chips) Button
XXXX (1625 in chips) SB
XXXX (3280 in chips) BB

UTG limps, Hero limps with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB folds, BB checks

*** FLOP ***

[9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

BB checks, UTG Bets 400, Hero raises to 1400, BB folds, Villain pushes, Hero calls.

My line seems less than ideal. Preflop I sometimes raise and sometimes limp. I've been pretty aggressive on the bubble thus far preflop. Just shove the flop?

Edited to add holecards
Old 12-21-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Stars $16 Turbo Bubble. Big stacks get it all in on the flop.

I wouldn't even *consider* shoving this flop without hole cards.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Stars $16 Turbo Bubble. Big stacks get it all in on the flop.

If UTG had been limping alot and folding when facing confrontation I'd probably raise PF but if I have been LAG to the point where people are itching to play back at me I'd just limp.

This flop hit you pretty good. You are either way ahead or marginally behind. Honestly, due to the stack sizes I think calling the BB's bet has more value than raising him. If he has a K your kicker may or may not be good. If you have been LAG he may have just limped with KJ/KQ in an attempt to keep the pot small. He could also have AA and missed a limp/raise.

Considering you are on the bubble I'd probably play this hand slow and just call. I mean after you raise you have to call the push, your odds are just too good but you've put yourself in a position where you might be relying on your redraws instead of your made hand. Of course your redraws are incredibly powerful and you are racing against whatever he is holding.

I'd probably call this down and jam the pot if I hit my 2 pair or flush.

FWIW though when I have 8 tables running and I see I have top pair with a flush draw versus a bet I'd just dump my stack and tell myself "lets see him call that".