Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 11:19 PM

Default nano-limit 99 vs calling station

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Was dealt 99 3 different times in todays session and would be interested in any comments on this one. My opponent is rated as a calling station with a VP$IP of 58% and PFR of 4%. Thanks for any thoughts on any street.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

He probably has a 3 with his c/r. You never know what these guys are thinking and I decided at this point to call him down to the showdown.

Turn: (7.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 12-17-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: nano-limit 99 vs calling station

What kind of hands has villian shown down with aggression? It looks like he is trying to protect his hand, if he is that smart, so I might 3bet the flop or call the flop and raise the turn. I don't know if I really like calling down, especially if he is on a diamond draw with two overs. I want to make him pay on the turn, and then a free showdown can be taken if desired.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: nano-limit 99 vs calling station

Any reads? What's his total ag # look like. If he's microscopic in the aggression dept. I'd call the flop raise, and possibly fold the turn UI.