Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: This is pretty classic.

[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you all actually played basketball with WNBA players?

Cause I've played with some good D-1 women and they would beat most guys' brains in. People who think that a WNBA team would lose to an IM team are crazy.

And of course Van de Velde's idea is absurd. It's not the Men's British Open; it's just the British Open. It's not gender-restricted. Anybody who can qualify is welcome. The women's Open IS restricted. That's why he is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played against Betty Lennox (WNBA rookie of the year a few years ago). She was quick, and surprisingly strong.

That being said, my buddy only played juco ball, yet he would destroy her, and just about everyone else in the WNBA.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played against Betty Lennox (WNBA rookie of the year a few years ago). She was quick, and surprisingly strong.

That being said, my buddy only played juco ball, yet he would destroy her, and just about everyone else in the WNBA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would or did?
Old 10-30-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep. There was a story going around (unverified but I've heard it in several places from people who went to UConn) that the intramural champs would regularly scrimmage with the women's hoop team at a time when UConn's women's hoops team was DOMINANT.

The IM guys took them to pwntown every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of when I was I think a sophomore and they were getting a girls' hockey team going. This is of course not exactly the same as D-1 basketball, but the same kind of idea. I was slumming down in a D-league IM team just to play with a couple friends and we played the school's women's hockey team and they never got a shot on goal. This isn't even the school's club team or even a good IM team - this is the bottom bottom league for guys who have just learned how to play. I remember, about 30 seconds into the game, taking a slapshot from damn near center ice, scoring, and the whole women's team bitched at me for taking a slapshot. Apparently, that's not allowed in women's hockey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm calling you a p***y for not dropping the gloves and fighting the entire team.

Maybe a new thread: How many female hockey players can you take at one time?