Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Dear Lee Jones

As long as we are throwing out suggestions...

Give partial FPP points (.10, .25, .50, whatever) when the pot is raked but not raked to the level to give a full FPP.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as we are throwing out suggestions...

Give partial FPP points (.10, .25, .50, whatever) when the pot is raked but not raked to the level to give a full FPP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea a lot. Please make it happen.

If players were given .5 pts when the rake reached $5 wouldn't Stars come out ahead with reload bonuses if the people who play SNGs to clear the bonus played .50/1.00 instead? As it is now, Stars pays the fees for the SNGs with the reload bonus right?
Old 10-16-2005, 05:20 AM

hahahah, that's hilarious.. nice work
Old 10-16-2005, 05:24 AM

What about private tables? it's infuriating having to repeatedly say "hu plz" when you want to play hu against a person. party has it (up to 15-30), you should too.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:59 AM

There is no royal flush promotion. I've been disappointed to find that PokerStars, Bodog, Party, and Boss have none, though Ultimate Bet gave me the first $5 in my poker bankroll. I suggest offering players a t-shirt with an image of their royal flush on the front (and a PokerStars logo on the back). In fact, if it were well done, I'd happily pay $ or FPPs for it, and I'd wear it much more than the other poker site clothes I have.

I think a royal flush t-shirt would be welcomed by many casual players. Some people play only for the money, but many players like to make big hands. (I always try to say "nice hand" for straight flushes.) I put bad beat after bad beat on one guy heads up to win a SNG, but he still seemed puzzlingly happy, perhaps because he had a royal flush earlier in the tournament.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Dear Lee Jones,

Could you please make PS look and act just like Party?

There I just summed up this whole thread in one sentence.
*Flame suit on*
Old 10-16-2005, 03:50 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
There is no royal flush promotion. I've been disappointed to find that PokerStars, Bodog, Party, and Boss have none, though Ultimate Bet gave me the first $5 in my poker bankroll. I suggest offering players a t-shirt with an image of their royal flush on the front (and a PokerStars logo on the back). In fact, if it were well done, I'd happily pay $ or FPPs for it, and I'd wear it much more than the other poker site clothes I have.

I think a royal flush t-shirt would be welcomed by many casual players. Some people play only for the money, but many players like to make big hands. (I always try to say "nice hand" for straight flushes.) I put bad beat after bad beat on one guy heads up to win a SNG, but he still seemed puzzlingly happy, perhaps because he had a royal flush earlier in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's a nice idea!
Old 10-16-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's a nice idea!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 10:48 PM

How about allowing folks to use FPP to buy bonus dollars? Set the minimum FPP amount high enough and what you're doing is offering your highest volume players an option similar to rakeback except that once they buy the bonus dollars they still have to play to clear the bonus.

It is not as ideal for the players as rakeback but for those who consistently play a high volume of hands on the site, it would amount to the same thing.

Also making the table lists filterable by stakes would be a beautiful thing.

And simply saving the tournament histories in with the hand histories would be lovely.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Ok, really now. You are bitching that you want rakeback?!?! WTF??!? Stars has one of the lowest rake schedules in the the industry. Perhaps maybe Stars should triple the rake and give rakeback. Would you like that too? Higher rake = more rakeback. Quit bitching about this. If you can't play at Stars without RB and make $$$ either spend more time learning the game or goto another site with rb. Stars shouldn't change to accomodate your tight/weak style.

Although FPP's for gift certs might not be all that bad. Of course it would need to be tons of FPP's per $ I would think.
Closed Thread