Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Now hear from the family...

She's a hero? How? Did she save some kittens from a housefire? Did she invent a cure for cancer? Did she take out a Viet Cong garrison with her M-16?

Let's be careful with the word hero, now. She's an activist...no more, no less. She believes in what she is doing, and is persistent. Agree or disagree, it is admirable. But, it's not heroic.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:22 PM

What exactly is that?
Old 08-12-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's a hero? How? Did she save some kittens from a housefire? Did she invent a cure for cancer? Did she take out a Viet Cong garrison with her M-16?

Let's be careful with the word hero, now. She's an activist...no more, no less. She believes in what she is doing, and is persistent. Agree or disagree, it is admirable. But, it's not heroic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Ghandi?

I don't know if Cindy Sheehan is a hero, but it is certainly possible for activists to be heroes. Even if they don't save any kittens from a housefire.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Ghandi?

I don't know if Cindy Sheehan is a hero, but it is certainly possible for activists to be heroes. Even if they don't save any kittens from a housefire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll concede that activists can be heroes. But, until Cindy Sheehan inspires equal rights for minorities or leads India to break away from Britain, I'll reserve my hero label for people who deserve that title.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Ghandi?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll concede that activists can be heroes. But, until Cindy Sheehan inspires equal rights for minorities or leads India to break away from Britain, I'll reserve my hero label for people who deserve that title.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can agree with that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 10:49 PM

Hardly.

It is not that the family is politicizing it per se, but that the family is essentially stating that her willingness to say her mind is disrespectful to the memory of her son and to the soldiers in the field. It is irrelevant whether the family supports or opposes the war.

Your post on the other hand was an attempt to mock the free speech rights of the grieving mother by using the family's shameful letter to the drudge (dreg?) report.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The family is grieving too, why no respect for them?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the family wishes to grieve by being activists in support of the war, they are welcome to go out on marches, send their kids to Iraq, pack care packages for the troops, etc.

But to publicly attack the mother is completely UNAMERICAN.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:03 AM

Default And now from the rational Left ...

... Bob Harris
Old 08-14-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just find these things incredibly sad, the womans son is dead, she is grieving her loss. Getting involved in politics at this time should probably be classed as an understandable mistake. She will need the support of her family now, releasing those comments was callous in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes. She's "grieving" in the form of calling America an "immoral nation with immoral laws." She's "grieving" by comparing the administration to Nazis and saying the whole thing was done to line their pockets. She's "grieving" by saying America "isn't worth dying for." As we all know, these sentiments are a natural part of the "grieving" process that every relative of a fallen soldier expresses in as public a manner as possible.

Grieving my ass. She's now a hardcore, radical leftist (and perhaps always was) who deserves to be slapped and little more than that. The death of her son does not give her license to do and say whatever she pleases without fear of criticism. It does not make her a Saint and it does not remove her from reproach.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But to publicly attack the mother is completely UNAMERICAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mothers of dead soldiers can be just as full of [censored] as anyone else. To publicly attack someone who is full of [censored] is right and proper. Cindy Sheehan is full of [censored]. But... she does have David Duke on her side now. Seems she hit just the right chords with regard to the Jewish cabal. When in doubt, blame Zionism.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to live in a country like this. And this country is immoral, the laws are immoral, the people who enforce the laws are immoral.

- Cindy Sheehan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, those are the words of a true patriot. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]