Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Party 5/10, fun with 6-2 offsuit

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the preflop play, but what's the plan on the flop if called by the BB or poster or both and it's checked to you? Is this one of those times where you're not putting in anymore money if the raise doesn't fold them aand you don't hit a good flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you bet. The blinds are weak-tight. When a weak-tight player checks you should bet. Not cards, poker.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand the preflop play, but what's the plan on the flop if called by the BB or poster or both and it's checked to you? Is this one of those times where you're not putting in anymore money if the raise doesn't fold them aand you don't hit a good flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, against these guys (who are afraid of their own shadow), I'll take it down with a flop bet a good % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, this is what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if my betting any flop plan would be seen as spewing.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10, decent game with 3 horrible loose/passive players and a bunch of weak/tight players. I post in the CO.

Folded around to a new player who posted in the hijack seat. He checks. He must not like his hand very much. I have 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO. The button, SB and BB are weak/tight. I raise.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh
Old 04-10-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10, decent game with 3 horrible loose/passive players and a bunch of weak/tight players. I post in the CO.

Folded around to a new player who posted in the hijack seat. He checks. He must not like his hand very much. I have 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO. The button, SB and BB are weak/tight. I raise.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

[/ QUOTE ]

Some would argue that this is a raise w/o the other poster. What's so "meh" here?
Old 04-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Haha, I linked the wrong hand. Still has similarities though.

I like your hand though.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

[/ QUOTE ]

Some would argue that this is a raise w/o the other poster. What's so "meh" here?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do we know about the poster? Nothing....But we do know that he posted somewhere other than the CO, which means he could indeed be a retard, and thus capable of calling hero's steal raise. On the off chance that I get called (poster will be getting about 4.3:1 when the action gets back to him) I want more that 6-high.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Results

Only the BB called.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checked, I bet, he folded.

Sometimes, these garbage steals with late position posts can pay off bigger dividends if there's a showdown. I had a similar hand a couple of weeks ago with 83o and took out the BB's pocket aces. This prompted a tirade from the BB and another table coach about what a dumb fish I was, and how I was going to lose all of my money to them. Of course, I immediately tightened up on my blind steals at that table, and I got unlimited action on my premium hands.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Only the BB called.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checked, I bet, he folded.

Sometimes, these garbage steals with late position posts can pay off bigger dividends if there's a showdown. I had a similar hand a couple of weeks ago with 83o and took out the BB's pocket aces. This prompted a tirade from the BB and another table coach about what a dumb fish I was, and how I was going to lose all of my money to them. Of course, I immediately tightened up on my blind steals at that table, and I got unlimited action on my premium hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That must have been an intresting hand. (I have to admit, I wouldnt be to happy losing to 83o either)

Anyway about this one, I like it, especially since u seem to have solid reads on your opponents.